Academy find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy find

I have been looking at this gun for a couple of months to shoot subsonic 300 AAC since my AR doesn’t cycle subs very well. The price I was finding was $660-$680, well today I stopped into Academy on my was to work and found it on clearance for $499. I just couldn’t pass up this deal. Anyone have this gun and how do you like it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0B3634F6-2FAA-47ED-90AF-58A3B932F9B5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	25171035

Make sure to measure the actual barrel twist. Knew they had a problem stamping their 1-12 twist 308 barrels with 300blk 1-8" twist. I think they fixed it but it is Remington so still possible
    Also what's your AR having trouble with? Mine functions great with 180gr flat point subs I make and goes through 20rd mags no problem

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
      Make sure to measure the actual barrel twist. Knew they had a problem stamping their 1-12 twist 308 barrels with 300blk 1-8" twist. I think they fixed it but it is Remington so still possible
      Also what's your AR having trouble with? Mine functions great with 180gr flat point subs I make and goes through 20rd mags no problem
      Brass get hung up ejecting. I’m reloading 208gr but I’m also shooting suppressed and Thermal. I think the bolt action will fit my needs much better anyways. Plus I haven’t bought a new gun in a couple of months

Comment

Adjustable pistol length system?

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
        Brass get hung up ejecting. I’m reloading 208gr but I’m also shooting suppressed and Thermal. I think the bolt action will fit my needs much better anyways. Plus I haven’t bought a new gun in a couple of months

Comment

This is one of my favorite rifles in the safe. Shoots lights out! My 12 year old daughter made it “her” gun. Fun to shoot and highly accurate

Comment

Mine shoots a 5 shot group so so at 100yds.....

Comment

Working...
            X