Gun shows posted 30.06 & 30.07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun shows posted 30.06 & 30.07

Anyone else notice gun shows being posted? I've driven to one outside Austin in Dripping Springs and one in San Antonio. Both were posted. I kindly told the individuals and emailed the promotion company that I'll take my business to local shops which allow carry. Not that they care, but in the future I will call and ask before driving.

Doesn't matter to me if I can carry in them, but kinda dumb it being a gun show and they post that.

Comment

Someone at the gun show has their head in the sand!

Comment

My guess is its the venue, not the show that made that decision. I doubt there is a single convention center or other public venue like that that isn’t posted 30.06.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
          My guess is its the venue, not the show that made that decision. I doubt there is a single convention center or other public venue like that that isn’t posted 30.06.

If it’s a publicly owned building they can’t legally post it.

It is usually the promoters that post them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The number of NDs at gun shows is enough to appreciate the effort. This isn't anything new, its been happening for years in the sense of not allowing loaded firearms in the shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              If it’s a publicly owned building they can’t legally post it.

It is usually the promoters that post them.

I’ll take your word for it, but I can tell you the George R Brown convention center here has 30.06 signs and it is publicly owned. I’ll try to remember to take a picture when I’m there later this week.

Comment

I’ll take your word for it, but I can tell you the George R Brown convention center here has 30.06 signs and it is publicly owned. I’ll try to remember to take a picture when I’m there later this week.
                Are the 30.06 posted on the building or on a sign by the table where you pay to get in the show? If it's a permanent sign on the building then the building is posted. If it's on a temporary sign then it's the promoters policy.

I used to work in that industry for a Convention center.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't have an issue with it. No loaded guns at the gun show. I can live with that.

Comment

I've been at Gun Shows were there were two ND's... I don't like it.. but I completely understand it with the level of morons I see in attendance.

Comment

30.06 & 30.07 are for private property.

Any public places that are off limits are listed as prohibited places in the penal code. That doesn’t stop public buildings from posting out of ignorance of the law. I’ve seen several public schools that post them even though the premises is already a prohibited place.

Any wrongly posted location should be reported to the AG office. Abbot made this a priority a few years ago.

Comment

It could be some dealers at the show too pushing for it. They do not want people unholstering and handing them loaded weapons that the owner may be offering up for trade.

Comment

I've been to a lot of gun shows but never been to one that allowed anyone to carry a loaded weapon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
                            The number of NDs at gun shows is enough to appreciate the effort. This isn't anything new, its been happening for years in the sense of not allowing loaded firearms in the shows.
                            True. It was no loaded guns before it was 30.06

Comment

Morons walk amongst us at all gunshows. They can’t help but pull their Roscoe out and show that they have one just like that. Then a loud boom is heard. If you can keep it concealed nobody will know you have one.

Comment

Working...
                              X