Question for Cottonwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Cottonwood

Read in a post that your pictures are taken with a little Fuji. Is this so? I am amazed if it is. So much I may sell my Canon DSLR and buy one of these. I am thinking the HS30EXR. Any input would be appreciated.

I tried emailing and PMing, but don't think they went through.

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    Read in a post that your pictures are taken with a little Fuji. Is this so? I am amazed if it is. So much I may sell my Canon DSLR and buy one of these. I am thinking the HS30EXR. Any input would be appreciated.

I tried emailing and PMing, but don't think they went through.
    wow..........I want to know, too - my first digital camera was a fujifilm..........I LOVED it, still have it, but I'm using a Nikon now.......smile.

Comment

It's the cook, not the dishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        It's the cook, not the dishes.
        Shane- I understand that, but I don't always like having to carry around a bag full of lenses and everything else. If that little camera really has those capabilities I want to get it.

Comment

Captain Sling and others, yes it is true that all my photography is done with the Fujifilm HS20EXR

Fujifilm HS20EXR Review

I highly recommend this camera to those that are seeing a jump between point and shoot camera to the DSLR camera's. DSLR camera require extra lenses, and that can be costly. I'm not saying that its not a good thing, if you have the pocket for them then it is.

I have no experience with the HS30EXR as I did not see the reason to purchase it in addition to my HS20EXR as I did not see that much gain over what I have already.

I do all my post editing in Photoshop Lightroom 3.6 and also some in Element 10 as I don't have Photoshop CS5 or CS6 yet. I can only tell you that post editing is very important to the finished product that you see.

Thank you Shane for your comment, as I was using a Fujifilm S700, S4000 and a Canon SD600 PowerShot prior to owning the HS20EXR.

I wanted a camera that I could take around that had plenty of zoom, and the HS20EXR has the 24mm -720mm

I also watched a great video review of the HS20EXR Vs Nikon D700, you can see it on youtube and I think you will agree.

Feel free to shoot me questions anytime you want to, but this is the only camera I use at present.

Comment

Thanks for the response! The only difference I could find in the 20 and the 30 was the 30 has a lithium battery and is suppose to take twice as many pictures per set of batteries or charge of the lithium battery. Don't know if I can justify the difference in price.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
              Thanks for the response! The only difference I could find in the 20 and the 30 was the 30 has a lithium battery and is suppose to take twice as many pictures per set of batteries or charge of the lithium battery. Don't know if I can justify the difference in price.
              Exactly... I carry 3 sets of 4 AA re-chargeable batteries and a charger. I have not had a problem with using the AA's as I get over 600 images per 4 batteries. So if I'm out on a major shoot as I was in Hawai'i, I was well covered when I got a red light low battery indicator on the LCD screen.

Comment

Working...
              X