Laid off after 17 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laid off after 17 years

Valve sales has been good to me over the past 36 years. Though times and I wish my previous coworkers the best. It feels good to read all of the messages from my team and former coworkers as they discover I’m no longer with them.
    Last edited by Lip; 07-10-2020, 11:03 AM.

Sorry to hear this Ed. Wishing you good luck and prayers sent for you.

Comment

Sounds like a good time for new beginnings, I pray you find something to do that you enjoy and pays the bills.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I am a valve salesman as well and we have been just dead slow here lately.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Ed.
          Best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry to hear.

Comment

Dang. Sorry to hear that. Prayers that you find something else soon.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I hate see anyone without a job that needs and wants one. Good luck in your pursuit of another.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                    Valve sales has been good to me over the years. Though times and I wish my previous coworkers the best. It feels good to read all of the messages from my team and former coworkers as they discover I’m no longer with them.
                    Who did you work for if you don't mind saying? I was in sales in the forging industry until a year ago and we dealt with several valve mfrs. I still have several friends working there and it has been very tough for them as well.

Comment

Wish you where up in the Longview area. Or dallas. We need another salesman bad. But its hard to find people with any background in Fluid Connector and Hydraulics sales.

Comment

Ed,
                        we are always(typically) looking for seasoned industrial sales guys in the SETX area including Houstonn and surrounding. Please pm me your email/resume.
                        We aren’t looking immediately due to obvious reasons but we are also pretty heavily involved in commercial civil and other materials. So our sales are we are entirely tied to, and dependent on the Indistrial business.
                        I expect the economy to come back huge in 2021 and we will be blowing and going again! We were on record pace prior to covid/oil tanking.
                        So maybe it could be an opportunity to get on with someone at the perfect time honestly.
                        Last edited by JLivi1224; 07-10-2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Good luck

Comment

The past 17 years I was with Tyco/Pentair/Emerson through a merger and buyout. Most recently I was in the isolation valve group; ball, butterfly, triple-offset and gate,globe and check valves doing inside sales/product support management.

Comment

Good luck to you and the Family!

Comment

Working...
                              X