DMV appointments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMV appointments

Needing to add a hazmat endorsement to my CDL and tried to schedule appointment online, they’re 3 months out. Anybody had any luck just walking in with no appointment?

I read, there not allowing walkins. I have appointment set for the 31st to renew a license is expired three months ago.

Comment

I was told you had to make an appointment.

Comment

When I set the appointment to get my sons permit they were a month out. I set the appointment at a small town 30 miles away...it was the first time I have ever had a positive experience at the DMV. They were great!

Comment

Wow. Got tags for my trailer...took 2 hours, guess it wasn’t that bad in retrospect.

Comment

Appointments only, they are opening on Saturdays, but will still be behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
              Wow. Got tags for my trailer...took 2 hours, guess it wasn’t that bad in retrospect.
              You went to tax office to get tags for trailer. DMV is for drivers license or state issued id’s. Was told that you could check surrounding areas and see if you could get in faster. I know a friend of mine went 2 counties over and got in quicker than he could close to home

Comment

Yeah sadly to say, they’ll make you come in and stand in there with Who knows of people that May be infected,, to renew your drivers license, that they won’t waive because of the star security thing. and they won’t even open schools bars, and talking about closing restaurants. What a joke they need to waive the security star until this crisis is over.

Comment

I'm sitting in the parking lot in gatesville right now with my son. We are from Leander and this was the only place that wasn't 3 week out.

They made him wait outside in the sun before they let him in and then took his temperature when it was his turn and it was too high. Lol. I was about to lose my marbles then the lady said we could wait in our car with the ac on and it would bring it down.

The whole thing is a big ball of clisterf@$*.
                  Last edited by Hunting4fun; 07-16-2020, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I had set up an appointment here in Houston to renew my licenses. Was able to get one less than a week out. I mentioned it to a a buddy of mine who pointed out that they were not taking appointments for renewals. I went back and re-read what the website said and sure enough no appointments for renewals. This was at the first of the month. Make sure you read to see what services they are providing at this time. You don't want to go the the trouble of showing up and being turned away.

Comment

Oh yeah. I’ve been watching there website since May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some places you can’t get in till August September
                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a quick appointment but didn't have my birth certificate. Start over. Some people drove from Lubbock to Linden because of wait time.

Comment

I just renewed all my licenses Monday. I made the appointment on June 14. Just make sure that you bring all the stuff you need to renew. And study the hazmat stuff. I’d hate to have to reschedule for a retest. I will say, it was by far the most pleasant experience I’ve ever had in a DMV.

Comment

Made a appointment for my haz mat endorsement the day they started taking them got appointment a month later,no walk ins appointment only they checked my temperature before allowing me inside,appointment for finger print back ground check appointment wasn't as backed up!!

Comment

Working...
                              X