I #%!*?[\ UP!! Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I #%!*?[\ UP!! Please help!

So I got distracted in the house this evening and had sat my charcoal chimney down on the concrete and forgot about it and the concrete got hot and popped. Wife is ******!!! What’s new, huh??? . It’s about 8” diameter and max depth of 1/2” maybe. what’s gonna be my best option?

Quickrete hole patch bucket?
    5 star epoxy grout?

I’ve never had to patch something like this.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Cover with a potted plant. Sorry, I'm no help.

Comment

If it’s just raw concrete. I’d try a modified thinset (use grey)(for tile). That will bond to it. Fill and flatten patch and dust with Portland cement.

That’s about all I got..... good luck
      Last edited by Low Fence; 01-04-2021, 09:01 PM.

Comment

5 star grout will be better than thinset or concrete, but it is going to be very hard to match the other concrete.

Comment

I've used this stuff several times when we have had broken porches from a landscaper hitting them or a sledge hitting them stripping forms.

Comment

I’d tell the wife she can start learning to cook then.....shat happens!

Comment

you're in the doghouse for a while.

Comment

Don't fix it and anytime a friend that's over asks about it say she tripped.

Comment

We use some stuff at work to patch holes in the concrete floor we drive buggy’s over. It’s made by loctite. Loctite deep pour grout. It dries a dark color but you may be able to work with it and change the color up idk

Comment

What ever you try...recreate the issue on a concrete spot and try out your fix. You’re only going to get one try. This should have been my advice to our contractor when he had to repair his screw up in our driveway. His color was off by a mile.

Comment

Is it just concrete? Or is there a texture/coating? Hard to tell from the picture...

Comment

The vinyl concrete repair will for sure fix and bond to that.. but it ain't gonna match

Comment

I second the potted plant. Life happens. Last night my son peeled the hellcat logo off my car. I just removed the sticky stuff and left them off. It is what it is!
                          Last edited by WItoTX; 01-05-2021, 05:41 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Here's a vinyl patch job due to similar spalling
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X