Is it Just Me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it Just Me?

As I was scrolling down the Classifieds looking to see if any archery accessories I might be interested in it appears that 90% of the posts are firearm or ammo related. I am all for anyone selling these products but was kind of thinking the TBH powers could do an Other Side of the Ranch classified section for all things firearm related. Just my thought.

I somewhat disagree. It's the classifieds, no use splitting that up. There wouldn't be hardly any traffic on the archery only one considering there isn't much archery stuff anyways. And how would you moderate that. What about clothes and accessories and UTVs and stuff. Where would they go?

In my opinion I think tags would do wonders for the classifieds. If they made it to where you had to tag the post. Such as Archery/firearms and ammo/Clothes/Vehicle/Lease and whatnot and let you filter based on tags. That would make searching and finding what you want easier. Also unifying on a WTT/LTT/ISO tag, just have WTT/WTS/WTB that is needed on every post.

I agree in that the classifieds are somewhat unorganized, but I'd rather nothing happen, than create a new thread.

Comment

Guess I am just an old diehard bowhunter and set in my ways.

Comment

I only bowhunt for big game also but still love guns and don’t mind them being in the same classified section but wouldn’t bother me either way. Guns and ammo just seem to be in high demand right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
          I only bowhunt for big game also but still love guns and don’t mind them being in the same classified section but wouldn’t bother me either way. Guns and ammo just seem to be in high demand right now.
          I love guns also, especially shotguns, and i can understand the frenzy about firearms. I just want this priceless website to be focused on what makes the GS so great, and that is love we all have for bowhunting. I want all of us to have an opportunity to sell, buy, or barter things we have, or want or need. I just very rarely deal in firearms and such and get a little frustrated wading thru all of them. Crotchety old geezer I guess.

Comment

NO!
            close thread, please........

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
              NO!
              close thread, please........

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like the classifieds mirror the rest of the site. LOL

Comment

With the current gun/ammo market, guns are a hot commodity-more so than other years. That’s the reason behind lots of guns items for sale.

Regardless, not sense in dividing the classifieds into sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                    Sounds like the classifieds mirror the rest of the site. LOL
                    Yup.....very few bow hunts. Not what this site was geared towards in the beginning. Lots of “bowhunters”end their season when rifle opens.....but carry on nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                      Yup.....very few bow hunts. Not what this site was geared towards in the beginning. Lots of “bowhunters”end their season when rifle opens.....but carry on nonetheless.
                      I am impatient I am guessing. I just have tired old eyes and looking thru several pages of things I am not interested in is like waiting on 16 commercials in a row before my football game comes back on for 3 minutes before the next bunch of commercials appear.

Comment

I know very few people that are into changing out archery equipment all the time. That crap is so expensive....and people are so picky, that they find what they like and hold on to it for a long time. I've been bowhunting for 19-20 years and have had 4 or 5 bows. Two in the last 13 years. I think the archery "nerds", for lack of a better term, that buy and sell and upgrade and tweak constantly are on archerytalk or other forums. Or at least that's where I go when I'm looking to buy or sell something specific.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          I know very few people that are into changing out archery equipment all the time. That crap is so expensive....and people are so picky, that they find what they like and hold on to it for a long time. I've been bowhunting for 19-20 years and have had 4 or 5 bows. Two in the last 13 years. I think the archery "nerds", for lack of a better term, that buy and sell and upgrade and tweak constantly are on archerytalk or other forums. Or at least that's where I go when I'm looking to buy or sell something specific.
                          You mean there is another forum other than TBH?

Comment

I wonder what forums get the most traffic on this bow hunting site?
                            Just me guessing........around the campfire, other side of the ranch and the classifieds are the more popular ones.

Comment

I noticed it to but I think it's a sign of the time. 90% firearms stuff and 10% everything else. Archery, furniture, crafts, knives, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X