Choosing my gun safe ?'s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
    I'm just glad I don't own any guns...that way I don't have to worry about space to store them. That all sounds so stressful [emoji30]
    Fuggin' boating accident!

Comment

Liberty Franklin 50.

the shotguns will eat up the vertical space.

and like stated above, scoped rifles will take 2 spots but also will cross stocks with the opposite side.

Pistols will store in the door cover.

Comment

The question should be.....how big of a safe to hold my ammo? (now that it out-values the firearm!)

I have a Liberty Franklin 25 and it is crowded with 14 long guns, 8 pistols and moderate amount of ammo for all. I have to be really careful getting the long guns out in order not to ding them up. Plus many have to come out to get the ones in the back......err...check all that......I just remembered I lost all my guns in a freak and tragic boating accident. Carry on....
        Last edited by bakin7005; 01-14-2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJames View Post
          I would go as big as my budget allowed.
          Second this thought!!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
            I store a lot of other stuff besides firearms in mine. I had rather have excess room than have to leave something out that should be in there.
            My philosophy as well and I still bought the last one too small.

Comment

Originally posted by rbsears View Post
              Like you’ve stated, nobody ever said, “I wish I had a smaller safe, barn, etc.”. You might take into consideration non-firearm items. (Passports, will, jewelry, etc.). It fills up fast. Tractor Supply puts on some good deals periodically.
              This!!!

I keep my bow in my safe as well. That, along with cash, wills, birth certificates, passports, some ammo, external hard drives, etc.

Comment

It would be a shame to have to walk away from the deal of a lifetime gun/guns because there’s no room in the safe.
                The bigger they are, the harder they are to move for better or worse.
                I started with a 25 gun that must have been rated with unscoped youth .22s
                By the time I was married and whatnot we had that thing crammed with titles, deeds and whatever was deemed valuable or private, plus 6-8 long guns. . I added a 50 gun safe in the garage and it’s great for keeping things organized and some wood stocks in the condition they arrived.
                When we moved, hired a courier company with a lift gate truck to move my heavy stuff like safes. I had it all blanketed and wrapped waiting. Loaded it all in ten minutes and met them across town to unload the same. Cost was around $150 and a $50 tip for the driver so he’d drive nice and easy.

Comment

I bought a cannon 64 gun safe from Tractor Supply, I don't own anywhere near that many guns but wanted the extra storage for other important to me items. It has pouches on the door for handguns and I have one side solely dedicated to paperwork and other things that are important to me.

It filled up fast. As others have said buy bigger than you think you will need.

Comment

Buy as big as the budget and space where you want it allows. Taller is better if you have shotguns. Most smaller safes are 60" tall which gets tight with the average 28" barrel. Interior layout is key. My 40 gun is 66" tall and even then only has space for maybe 8 shotguns unless I take the middle shelf out. More importantly, whatever you get, bolt it down!

Comment

Cannon 64 gun here. Got it at academy on a Black Friday deal for 599$

Comment

Organize your gun safe with the Rifle Rods gun rack system to store more guns.

I use a system like this and it has really freed up some space. you’ve got to remove some shelving though. There are several brands.

Comment

Buy the best fire rating you can afford

Comment

I’m leaning toward a 30 gun,way over board I’m sure,but still up in air on brands narrowed to 3
                            Champion
                            Browning
                            Liberty
                            Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 01-15-2021, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Good locking devices are paramount. AMSEC and S&G are good names, look for them.
                              Crap safes usually do not carry high-end locking devices and make sure whatever you purchase that it is not the type that can be opened with an earth magnet from the outside. It's crazy. They can get in seconds just triggering the solenoid by rubbing the magnet on the door.

Comment

I got a Cannon from TS about 5y ago..med size about 700#...been great

Comment

Working...
                                X