Big bore pcp.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Big bore pcp.

You beat me to it. 457 texan

Comment

Smoke pole. The muzzle loader requires more skill and you are obviously an experienced hunter and be able to handle that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
          Smoke pole. The muzzle loader requires more skill and you are obviously an experienced hunter and be able to handle that.
          A gun takes more skill? Lol, that’s a first...

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
            Big bore pcp.

That will be my next toy.

Comment

I have both but I usually use compound during archery.I’m looking forward to 2 additional weeks of hunting here in east tx.I have a plain cva optima about $250. And a cheap Nikon 3x9 50 cal holes touch one another at 100 yds but as mentioned above you really need all three. Muzzle loader. Crossbow and big bore air rifle. I think air rifle is next on my list

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                A gun takes more skill? Lol, that’s a first...
                Really now...Lets explore this.
                On a Muzzleloader...Nipple needs to be unblocked because those guns get dirty, needs correct powder charge, needs to seat bullet correctly, needs primer inserted and is NOT impervious to the weather.
                Crossgun, pull string back.
                You were saying?

Comment

Huh??

Comment

On a Muzzleloader...Nipple needs to be unblocked because those guns get dirty, needs correct powder charge, needs to seat bullet correctly, needs primer inserted and is NOT impervious to the weather.
                    You were saying?
                    Yes, and again, huh? Look it's a bit harder to get a mature buck in the crosshairs inside 40 yards than to load a modern muzzleloader.

Comment

You were saying?
                      Lol! Ok, roll with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                        Yes, and again, huh? Look it's a bit harder to get a mature buck in the crosshairs inside 40 yards than to load a modern muzzleloader.
                        That has NOTHING to do with the weapon used. That is the hunter. I get deer 5yds. Scent control.
                        With that...His opportunities will get better being able to reach out where as you are limited with a xbow.

Comment

His opportunities will get better being able to reach out where as you are limited with a xbow.
                          Oh...Now I see how a crossbow is easier...Lol!

Comment

Both. They are equally fun. Don’t limit yourself.

Comment

Again, while loading a MODERN muzzleloader is a slightly more complicated PROCESS than a crossbow, my son was doing it at 7 or 8 years old (he couldn't have drawn a crossbow at that age). It's hardly a process requiring some unique skill. On top of that the latest/greatest muzzleloaders are essentially like using a centerfire to over 200 yards+.

The OP asked which to purchase and you're telling him to get a muzzleloader because it requires a "skill" to load it. I totally disagree.....

Loading a modem crossbow CORRECTLY involves a couple of steps just like a muzzleloader. Neither requires ANYTHING beyond the KNOWLEDGE of the process. Also, a person has to be strong enough to load a crossbow, even with a crank. I don't have to tell anyone who actually OWNS and uses a crossbow how that process can be a bit dangerous if performed incorrectly.
                              Last edited by Slicefixer; 01-01-2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

You dismissed weather, you dismissed misfires...which happens if you are a muzzleloader shooter. Tell me... who takes 200 yd shots with a muzzleloader? Jim Shockey? Come on. While those guns with a 150gr powder charge are capable of making a 200yd shot. I know of no one who has done it. You say they are like a centerfire. They do have similarities to a centerfire with the accuracy aspect. But again, misfires, snow and rain, the process to load, one shot and limited range.
                                Children are whole different issue. They need adults with them.
                                Look he asked for opinions. You don't like mine...Fine.
                                Part of what makes America great.

Comment

Working...
                                X