Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 06-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #201
Lip
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallascowboys View Post
I decided I want to get into the thermal scope world, however I cant play with the big boys yet! what would you recommend in the 2k range? I see a lot of pulsar trail xq30s and the core rxq30s in that price range used, as well as some atn thor hds. Are they pretty decent beginner thermals? Anyone have any time under one of these? Thanks for the help

I have an RXQ30 that I use as a handheld and loner when one of the boys are at the farm and it works well. If you donít want to record, itís great. If you do want to record, the Flir Entry level is a bit more built has that capability. Call Jason with Legacy Outdoor Gear and heíll walk through your options based on budget along with pros and cons.
Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #202
dallascowboys
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere i can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
I have an RXQ30 that I use as a handheld and loner when one of the boys are at the farm and it works well. If you donít want to record, itís great. If you do want to record, the Flir Entry level is a bit more built has that capability. Call Jason with Legacy Outdoor Gear and heíll walk through your options based on budget along with pros and cons.
Thanks for the help.
dallascowboys is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #203
BIG BONE
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
Awesome! Welcome to the new addiction haha a tripod makes all the difference. Itíll make those little guys a lot easier on the follow ups.

Thank you sir
Hopefully Iíll have some new videos tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BIG BONE is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2019, 10:38 PM   #204
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co. & NW Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
See bold, which unit?
The Pulsar Core RXQ30V. I've reviewed it on Youtube a couple years ago when it first came out and we've talked a good bit about it on The Late Night Vision Show but honestly, everything you read on it now need to be through the lens of understanding that the green display has been removed and replaced with a standard black and white display and the image quality and ID range have been significantly improved.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me anytime!
(877)350-1818

- Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BONE View Post
Jason, I cant thank you enough for the insight you gave me on thermal scopes. Finally got to use it tonight and already making some great memories with my dad and oldest son. The pulsar XQ50 did not disappoint. Itís everything we were looking for in a scope. You are the cats meow of night vision scopes and customer service. Canít thank you enough. We killed 2 tonight freehand stalking. Next on my list to buy is a tripod. I shoulda killed more but it was tough trying to hit the small babies haha. The stream vision app is pretty legit also. Very easy to use and download videos to my phone. Iíll try and post videos of tonight. Thanks again
Awesome!!! I'm so glad you're enjoying it and I'm glad to see you're getting the kids involved. Thank you for the business and holler if you have questions on anything.

- Jason
Outdoor Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #205
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallascowboys View Post
I decided I want to get into the thermal scope world, however I cant play with the big boys yet! what would you recommend in the 2k range? I see a lot of pulsar trail xq30s and the core rxq30s in that price range used, as well as some atn thor hds. Are they pretty decent beginner thermals? Anyone have any time under one of these? Thanks for the help
My advice is really simple here.... Don't buy ATN thermal. Just don't do it. There is no need for me to drag them through the mud here but the bad reviews and horror stories you read online are true.

The RXQ30V and the PTS233 are both great scopes. As I just mentioned above the RXQ has a new display in it and it's only been shipping with the new screen for about a month. It is a really nice improvement. The 2 scopes are VERY similar in most ways and this is the simple way I break it down....if you want to record video, buy the PTS233. If you don't care about video recording, buy the RXQ30V. It's really that simple in most cases.

Give me a call if you've got questions.

- Jason
Old 06-16-2019, 10:55 PM   #206
CSanders
Ten Point

Hunt In: Palestine

Finally got to try out my wraith this weekend! So far I like it. Didnít see much movement from the pigs even with the full moon.
Attached Images

CSanders is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-16-2019, 11:16 PM   #207
Russ81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanders View Post
Finally got to try out my wraith this weekend! So far I like it. Didnít see much movement from the pigs even with the full moon.

Iíve noticed on full moons they donít move as much, I think itís due to they know there is a better chance of being spotted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #208
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Quote:
That LaRue UU is looking sharp!
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2019, 10:24 PM   #209
CSanders
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
That LaRue UU is looking sharp!
Sadly Iíve never owned an AR before this one.. Never had a purpose for one. Now that I do Iím glad I didnít go the cheap route. Just wish grendel ammo was cheaper!
Old 06-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #210
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
Sadly Iíve never owned an AR before this one.. Never had a purpose for one. Now that I do Iím glad I didnít go the cheap route. Just wish grendel ammo was cheaper!
100% agree on the Grendel ammo, but it's a hammer, so I keep shooting it. Which bullet does your UU like the best?
Old 06-18-2019, 02:22 PM   #211
CSanders
Ten Point

Quote:
100% agree on the Grendel ammo, but it's a hammer, so I keep shooting it. Which bullet does your UU like the best?
So far all Iíve shot is 123 eld black. At 100 they are under 1/2 inch moa. Iíll probably just keep shooting those for now.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:08 PM   #212
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
So far all Iíve shot is 123 eld black. At 100 they are under 1/2 inch moa. Iíll probably just keep shooting those for now.
Same here. They are not the killingest rounds, since they almost disintegrate on impact, but they do pretty good. I wish my gun liked the SST or Fusion bullets, but it's 3 MOA with those and that's just not acceptable to me.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:14 PM   #213
HappyM
Ten Point

Shout out to Jason at Legacy Outdoor Gear. Worked with him on some kit and very impressed.
HappyM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-22-2019, 10:30 PM   #214
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

I have a thermal and it works great and wanted a hand-held scanner so bought the Sightmark from Outdoor Legacy as it seemed to be what I needed. Turns out it isn't after one evening hunt so it's for sale in the classifieds--
dustoffer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #215
Medina19
Eight Point

Got it done last night

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Medina19 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-12-2019, 09:16 PM   #216
Lip
Ten Point

Anyone else hear Jason's shout out to texasbowhunter.com on The LateNight Vision Show? If not, you need to check he and Hans out. They have a podcast and are on YouTube.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #217
reddogdan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lindale

Iíve been wanting a thermal scope for a few years. But the price has always been a little out of reach. With all the new ones and the lower prices, I think it time. Our lease in Lindale is very thick and crawling with pigs. What would be my best bang for the buck for hunting in heavy cover?
reddogdan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2019, 12:22 PM   #218
Russ81
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogdan View Post
Iíve been wanting a thermal scope for a few years. But the price has always been a little out of reach. With all the new ones and the lower prices, I think it time. Our lease in Lindale is very thick and crawling with pigs. What would be my best bang for the buck for hunting in heavy cover?

IMO, take it for whatís it worth...

Iíve got a Trail XQ50, a Axion XM30 and a Sightmark Wraith HD.

If I wanted a budget hog killing rig Iíd buy the Axion handheld with an extra battery and the wraith. The thermal takes care of spotting everything then the wraith be deadly to 150yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #219
rockspringshunt
Spike

Need to upgrade my Illuminator for my digital night vision, can only see about 80 yards and want to get out to about 150. any suggestions?
rockspringshunt is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2019, 06:55 AM   #220
CJ776
Eight Point

Hunt In: Baylor County

Had some fun last weekend. Those trijicons are B.A!

CJ776 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2019, 07:15 AM   #221
Lip
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockspringshunt View Post
Need to upgrade my Illuminator for my digital night vision, can only see about 80 yards and want to get out to about 150. any suggestions?

What Night Vision do you have?
Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #222
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogdan View Post
Iíve got a buddy in your neck of the woods that may have a few you can try out. He lived in Lindale til recently, and is Chapel Hill now. Iím not sure what demo units he has currently.
TX03RUBI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #223
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ776 View Post

Had some fun last weekend. Those trijicons are B.A!

Iíve ran the Trijicon MK3 60mm and Reap IR 35mm a good bit. Both amazing optics, but the REAP gets my nod.
TX03RUBI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #224
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

I just got a axiom xm-30, I need a lanyard. I’ve been putting it in my shirt pocket the last couple of nights, but that isn’t real handy. What are you guys using?
2Lazy2P is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2019, 10:18 PM   #225
hkmp5s
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
I just got a axiom xm-30, I need a lanyard. Iíve been putting it in my shirt pocket the last couple of nights, but that isnít real handy. What are you guys using?
I just got mine in today and was wondering the same thing.
hkmp5s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2019, 11:45 PM   #226
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Anyone else hear Jason's shout out to texasbowhunter.com on The LateNight Vision Show? If not, you need to check he and Hans out. They have a podcast and are on YouTube.
Thank you VERY much Lip.

Here is our latest episode we released today on the topic of landowners not allowing free hog hunting opportunities on their properties. This was sparked after a recent article in Texas Fish and Game.

You can go to our channel home page and see all of our episodes there and you can find us on any podcast app if you don't have time to watch the videos.

- Jason

Old 07-25-2019, 11:47 PM   #227
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
I just got a axiom xm-30, I need a lanyard. Iíve been putting it in my shirt pocket the last couple of nights, but that isnít real handy. What are you guys using?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp5s View Post
I just got mine in today and was wondering the same thing.
I'm not sure how all bought those Axions from me, but if you did....keep checking the mail over the next few days. I think you'll be happy at what you find in the mailbox.

- Jason
Old 07-26-2019, 01:45 AM   #228
hkmp5s
Four Point

Sorry Jason, I didn't, but I did order an extra battery for it from you.
hkmp5s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #229
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmp5s View Post
Sorry Jason, I didn't, but I did order an extra battery for it from you.
No problem at all. I'm doing something for the guys who bought from me, so that's why I mentioned it.

Hit up Russ81, he has THE best lanyards.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:17 PM   #230
gonehuntin68
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Victoria county

For everyone that is using Night Vision scopes, if you would like to take it to the next level, you don't have to buy a new scope. We(Sniper Hog Lights) will be coming out with a new light(Coyote Cannon) that will probably be available for purchase on 8-2-2019. With digital Night vision and our Coyote Cannon light in IR, you can see at least 1000 yards with scopes like the ATN X-Sight II, ATN 4K Pro, Sightmark photon XT, Sightmark Wraith and Accufire Noctis V1. We actually could identify a person at 1200 yards with the Accufire Noctis V1 and just over 1000 yards with the others. If everything goes as planned, we will have the Coyote Cannon available to purchase at all the Hunter Extravaganza shows so come check it out.
gonehuntin68 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-26-2019, 01:33 PM   #231
rockspringshunt
Spike

Quote:
What Night Vision do you have?
Atn xsight 4K pro
Old 07-26-2019, 01:35 PM   #232
rockspringshunt
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
For everyone that is using Night Vision scopes, if you would like to take it to the next level, you don't have to buy a new scope. We(Sniper Hog Lights) will be coming out with a new light(Coyote Cannon) that will probably be available for purchase on 8-2-2019. With digital Night vision and our Coyote Cannon light in IR, you can see at least 1000 yards with scopes like the ATN X-Sight II, ATN 4K Pro, Sightmark photon XT, Sightmark Wraith and Accufire Noctis V1. We actually could identify a person at 1200 yards with the Accufire Noctis V1 and just over 1000 yards with the others. If everything goes as planned, we will have the Coyote Cannon available to purchase at all the Hunter Extravaganza shows so come check it out.
How much will it cost?
Old 07-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #233
gonehuntin68
Pope & Young

Quote:
How much will it cost?
The Coyote Cannon will be $149.99 to $376.99. The reason for the price difference is do to all the options that can be added to it. Below is a list of the options and their prices

1 - Coyote Cannon light in your Choice of color(RED,IR 850m,IR 940NM,WHITE,GREEN) $149.99
Options Available with the light when you purchase it.
2 - 21700 batteries and charger $40.00 or
4 - 21700 batteries and charger $65.00
Up to 3 LED modules in your choice of color(RED,IR 850m,IR 940NM,WHITE,GREEN) The LED module color will determine the color your light shines. This means you can change the color your light shines simply by changing the LED Module. $30.00 For each LED Module.
1 - Predator Pro Mount $30.00 This mount is for mounting the light to scopes or weaver/picatinny type rails. The mount is height adjustable so you can mount the light the correct distance from your gun/scope. This way you don't have a light sits way away from gun/scope or hits your gun/scope. The mount is also windage and elevation adjustable so you can get the light lined up perfectly with your sights/scope.
1 - Aluminum case for storing your light with custom Cut EVA foam $30.00
1 - Light handle/Grip for mounting to the light when you want to use it to scan $12.00

Here is a example of what guys would buy if they were buying the light to mount to their gun using a nightvision scope.
1 - Coyote Canon light in IR 850nm $149.99
Then the options they would add to the light
1 - 2 21700 batteries and charger $40.00 only uses 1 battery so you have a spare.
1 - Predator Pro Mount $30.00
Total = $219.99

We also give a 10% off coupon code to TBH members, you just have to send me a PM and I will send you the code. That means the TBH price would be $197.99 This same package at the TTHA shows will be $200.00 so it's basically the same price as it is with the TBH discount. No TBH discounts can be uses at the shows, only on our Website.

We don't have the Coyote Cannon listed yet on our Website but it will be by the end of next week. Even though I know this is a night vision thread, Here are the distance the other colors shine

Red = 1050 Yards
White = 1650 yards
Green = 1770 yards

There is not another LED light on the market that can even come close to shining as far as the Coyote Cannon in Red, Green or IR. White almost shines a mile and green just over a mile.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #234
tminc
Eight Point

Hunt In: burnet county,mexico

pm sent
tminc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #235
rockspringshunt
Spike

Quote:
The Coyote Cannon will be $149.99 to $376.99. The reason for the price difference is do to all the options that can be added to it. Below is a list of the options and their prices

1 - Coyote Cannon light in your Choice of color(RED,IR 850m,IR 940NM,WHITE,GREEN) $149.99
Options Available with the light when you purchase it.
2 - 21700 batteries and charger $40.00 or
4 - 21700 batteries and charger $65.00
Up to 3 LED modules in your choice of color(RED,IR 850m,IR 940NM,WHITE,GREEN) The LED module color will determine the color your light shines. This means you can change the color your light shines simply by changing the LED Module. $30.00 For each LED Module.
1 - Predator Pro Mount $30.00 This mount is for mounting the light to scopes or weaver/picatinny type rails. The mount is height adjustable so you can mount the light the correct distance from your gun/scope. This way you don't have a light sits way away from gun/scope or hits your gun/scope. The mount is also windage and elevation adjustable so you can get the light lined up perfectly with your sights/scope.
1 - Aluminum case for storing your light with custom Cut EVA foam $30.00
1 - Light handle/Grip for mounting to the light when you want to use it to scan $12.00

Here is a example of what guys would buy if they were buying the light to mount to their gun using a nightvision scope.
1 - Coyote Canon light in IR 850nm $149.99
Then the options they would add to the light
1 - 2 21700 batteries and charger $40.00 only uses 1 battery so you have a spare.
1 - Predator Pro Mount $30.00
Total = $219.99

We also give a 10% off coupon code to TBH members, you just have to send me a PM and I will send you the code. That means the TBH price would be $197.99 This same package at the TTHA shows will be $200.00 so it's basically the same price as it is with the TBH discount. No TBH discounts can be uses at the shows, only on our Website.

We don't have the Coyote Cannon listed yet on our Website but it will be by the end of next week. Even though I know this is a night vision thread, Here are the distance the other colors shine

Red = 1050 Yards
White = 1650 yards
Green = 1770 yards

There is not another LED light on the market that can even come close to shining as far as the Coyote Cannon in Red, Green or IR. White almost shines a mile and green just over a mile.
New to night vision so whatís the different used for the 850 and 940 nm ir ?
Old 07-27-2019, 10:46 PM   #236
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017

Quote:
In short Wavelength of the light.
https://youtu.be/5YkJMVG9-1Q

This pic is of my Sniper Hawg Light 66LRX flashlight with 850nm IR LED in it. It's mounted to my Sightmark Wraith. I have the rifle lying g on top of the pug I just killed. I'm about 5 yds away. The 66LRX has a focus able beam and I have a dimmer tail cap on it. So I have no clue as to the power level or if it's on spot light, floodlight or somewhere in between.

The other 2 pics are of the pig and my rifle and the pic I shot with flash when I realized the light was still on. I turned the flash off and took the dark picture.
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 12:18 AM   #237
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
I'm not sure how all bought those Axions from me, but if you did....keep checking the mail over the next few days. I think you'll be happy at what you find in the mailbox.

- Jason
I did, you had to talk to me while you were at the feed store... Everything you said about the unit has been spot on, I appreciate it!
Old 07-28-2019, 12:51 AM   #238
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

This is the 6th pig this week since I received the Xm-30 in the mail from Outdoor Legacy. Iíve been scanning with it to locate, then I have a green light above my scope to shoot. It works, but is hard to get more than one shot at the group because the muzzle blast/smoke blinds you for a second or two with the green light. Sucks when you see a group of 40 on open ground and only get one or two shots off. Iíve started a savings account for the Thermion.

Old 07-28-2019, 12:28 PM   #239
gonehuntin68
Pope & Young

Quote:
The 940nm IR will not have as much red glow to the LED as the 850nm LED. If you have a game camera in IR and ever seen it take a picture at night you will see the LED's glow red and this is the glow I'm talking about. While some animals will spook at the 850nm it's rare but there is a less chance of animals spooking at the 940nm because of less Red glow to the LED. The 850nm will shine further then the 940nm and this is why I usually tell people to go with the 850 first and then if they are having any issue with animals spooking, go with the 940nm. For example, with the ATN 4K Pro and our Coyote cannon light, we could identify at 1000 yards with the 850nm IR and 600 yards with the 940nm IR.

Click on this facebook link to see a quick video of a buck lit up with our new Coyote Cannon and the Accufire Noctis V1 digital Night Vision scope. https://www.facebook.com/sniperhogli...8587357138932/
Old 07-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #240
CSanders
Ten Point

I’ll be stopping by in Fort Worth to check out that new cannon. I’m ready to upgrade my wraith.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:13 PM   #241
DrifterAT
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: San Saba

Yep. Luv my Reap IR 35mm.
DrifterAT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #242
progolferv1
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_g View Post
Got her first hog using an ATN Pro 4k on a Ruger American .450 Bushmaster... Itís a match made in heaven!

how are these ATN scopes?
progolferv1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2019, 03:39 PM   #243
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
our new Coyote Cannon
Lol what a name!

My dimmer tail cap stopped working on my 38LRX. Is that a warrantied item?
Old 07-30-2019, 12:27 AM   #244
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
I did, you had to talk to me while you were at the feed store... Everything you said about the unit has been spot on, I appreciate it!
HA! Yes sir I remember that. Glad you are enjoying the Axion! They are a great little thermal handheld, the size is amazing. It looks like it's serving you well! Keep on doing what you're doing!

Jason
Old 07-30-2019, 02:04 AM   #245
Norseman
Four Point

Hereís my setup, and me looking like a goon. (Moonís our, goons out) PVS14, Noveske SBR in 556, Steiner DBAL I2 IR laser/ designator. Great combo, very effective to about 200yds

Hereís another setup, this is a PVS30 and a Wilcox Raptar range finder. In the right conditions, you can see about 1600yds

Norseman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2019, 08:58 AM   #246
35remington
Pope & Young

^^ Homeboy you got some nice toys there.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:59 AM   #247
Norseman
Four Point

Quote:
^^ Homeboy you got some nice toys there.

Thank you sir. You a member on Texas gun talk?

Old 08-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #248
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
Thank you sir. You a member on Texas gun talk?

Yes. That place kinda died out though. At least I thought it did.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #249
Norseman
Four Point

Quote:
Yes. That place kinda died out though. At least I thought it did.

It certainly went downhill awhile back. Iím pretty sure weíve met at some of the Hicksville shoots

Old 08-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #250
ATXArcher
Six Point

Hunt In: Burnet

Just got the call on a back-ordered Wraith. Said it should ship out tomorrow. Pairing it with a SniperHawg IR light and an Axion XM30.

ATXArcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top