Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 05-15-2019, 08:49 PM   #151
Russ81
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

I got a golden ticket... (Well a Axion XM30 so close enough... )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Russ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #152
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

I would love to see someone do a video on how to zero a Sightmark RT scope.

I bought one a while back and for the life of me, cannot get it zeroíd at 100 yards. Under daylight conditions, I cannot get it to focus clear enough to even see a bull at 100 yards.
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #153
BCBHunter712
Eight Point

Hunt In: Northeast, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
Haha! Sorry guys, I think we disappointed several hundred people that didn't win the Sightmark Wraith giaveway.

Thanks for listening/watching the podcast!

Jason
Yep 100% disappointed. But good news is I heard mine was delivered back home so I'll be taking some leave soon from training these troops and try to put my new Wraith to work.
BCBHunter712 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 10:11 PM   #154
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co. & NW Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
I would love to see someone do a video on how to zero a Sightmark RT scope.

I bought one a while back and for the life of me, cannot get it zeroíd at 100 yards. Under daylight conditions, I cannot get it to focus clear enough to even see a bull at 100 yards.
You don't need a video, something is definitely wrong with your scope. If you have the rear eyepiece focused so the text on the screen is clear to your eye and then you work on focusing the front objective lens and you can't make out a target at 100 yards, the scope is defective. No question about it. Sightmark will gladly replace it with a new one.

If you bought it from Outdoor Legacy, give me a call. It seems like we've talked about this before but I might be dreaming. I talk to so many people every day about NV and thermal that it starts to run together.

Jason
Outdoor Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-15-2019, 10:12 PM   #155
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ81 View Post
I got a golden ticket... (Well a Axion XM30 so close enough... )
Well I declare, what do we have here? Come on, don't tease us with a brown box, show us what's inside of it.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #156
Russ81
Pope & Young

Default 2019 Night Vision & Thermal Thread

Well since you insist

Last edited by Russ81; 05-15-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:15 PM   #157
Russ81
Pope & Young

48 min later...

Old 05-16-2019, 02:08 AM   #158
Russ81
Pope & Young

Ok, hereís a quick review of my Axion XM30.

I. Freaking. Love. This. Handheld!!!

Itís exactly what I was needing to stalk hogs on our properties, with the hogs wising up to my tactics of easing round with the ranger I needed to walk further to get close to the hogs. While itís not hard it gets old hefting a AR10 with a trail on top to scan pastures. With the Axion on a paracord lanyard itís a breeze.

Like Jason and Hans said on the Late Nightvision Show the picture is not a helion but itís plenty for scanning and spotting animals in the palm of your hand, literally. Dern thing is as small as my Leopold rangefinder. It made it nice to keep my rifle slung with a two point sling and carry my shooting sticks in one hand and keep up with the hog using the Axion. Movement seem more fluid and easy vs. having to shoulder my rifle and juggle the sticks till it was time too shoot.

Thereís a few things I did different with the Axion vs. my trail as well. If I wasnít using it I kept the display off so it wouldnít shine up at my face. Iím also gonna keep an eye on the battery life to see if that extends the time. Another thing with the smaller picture of the Axion the black hot mode looked better too me then the white hot in the video below, On the trail I like white hot better. The color palates are pretty neat as well but for hunting Iíll stick with black hot.

http://youtu.be/cSGsUvoBN-o

Old 05-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #159
Russ81
Pope & Young

Another thing I forgot to add this morning to my review. In the video you can see a tree line in the background. I didnít video them but there was a herd of cows about 550yds away along that tree line and I could clearly ID the cows.

From where I am to the tree line in the video is about 620yds

Old 05-16-2019, 10:24 AM   #160
35remington
Pope & Young

Hunt In: the dark

Russ, you won that bad boy?!?!?!? Hot dang!
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-16-2019, 10:39 AM   #161
Russ81
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
Russ, you won that bad boy?!?!?!? Hot dang!

Ainít that lucky... I just sent a check too Jason and pretended it was a raffle ticket .

But not gonna lie, the Olí Ranger was a skippiní down the lane while I was singing ďSome piggies are gonnna get it...Ē as the sun was going down last night

Old 05-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #162
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
Ainít that lucky... I just sent a check too Jason and pretended it was a raffle ticket .

But not gonna lie, the Olí Ranger was a skippiní down the lane while I was singing ďSome piggies are gonnna get it...Ē as the sun was going down last night

Oh HAHAHAHAHA that's even funnier I think!
Old 05-16-2019, 02:24 PM   #163
Russ81
Pope & Young

So Iím getting better at these lanyards for the handhelds

Old 05-16-2019, 04:37 PM   #164
35remington
Pope & Young

You sure are! What would a fella need to do to get one of them?
Old 05-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #165
Russ81
Pope & Young

Quote:
You sure are! What would a fella need to do to get one of them?

Sent you a PM

Old 05-17-2019, 02:51 PM   #166
smokin feathers
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shelby san augustine n newton co

Any feedback on thor lt?? Good bad indifferent!!
smokin feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2019, 07:03 PM   #167
dallascowboys
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere i can!

Just wondering if the wraith is better than the photon? Or any opinions would be helpful, looking to either get a sightmark or a ATN 4k
dallascowboys is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2019, 09:14 PM   #168
10-96inTexas
Eight Point

What is the wait time for a Wraith? I don't do much night hunting but finally have decided to take the plunge and I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. ATN, Photon, Wraith? I'm not in a big hurry. Is the Wraith worth waiting for?
10-96inTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #169
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hall County

I’ve shared a shop with a pretty large NV and thermal distributor for some time, who also happens to be one of my best friends. It’s worked out in my favor over the years as I have had access to any of the demo equipment whenever I wanted as long as they weren’t being used at that time. Well a few weeks back I finally bit the bullet and made a purchase. Snagged a Pulsar XP50LRF and XP38. I’ve put down a few hogs and a couple coyotes lately with the 50, but so far I’ve only used the 38 as a handheld. I’m running the Zro Delta Mount on the 38, and I swap it back and forth between my 11.5” SBR and scanning duties. So far the only thing it’s shot is targets, but I can’t wait to get on a sounder up close in the wheat again. This weekend I’m going out to the lease and going to try and wreak havoc on them, but I’m mounting a Helion to my side by side with a remote control pan head to use as a scanner. I’m pretty excited to try it out.
TX03RUBI is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-28-2019, 07:19 AM   #170
Russ81
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-96inTexas View Post
What is the wait time for a Wraith? I don't do much night hunting but finally have decided to take the plunge and I'm looking for the best bang for my buck. ATN, Photon, Wraith? I'm not in a big hurry. Is the Wraith worth waiting for?

From all the reviews the wraith is well worth the wait and for the money is a jam up scope.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:57 AM   #171
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin feathers View Post
Any feedback on thor lt?? Good bad indifferent!!
I looked through it at the SHOT Show and I'll tell you what....it was the first and only thermal rifle scope I've ever looked through inside a building and immediately thought it was terrible. I'm sorry if that offends anyone who owns one, I'm honestly not trying to be mean but I've always said that I try not to judge thermal and NV image quality from what I see at the SHOT Show because every thermal looks good inside of a convention center. Well I've found an exception to the rule.lol It was seriously bad. I would highly suggest either not buying anything at all or spending $500 on something like a Sightmark Wraith HD or Photon RT. I can see no reason to spend $1,200+ on one.

Thermal has definitely gotten a whole lot cheaper in the last 3 years but good usable thermal for hunting is still going to cost you about $1,900+ as of right now.

Again, not trying to be rude about it, I just think a $500 NV optic would do you a whole lot better. Hope that helps.

Jason
Old 05-28-2019, 11:08 AM   #172
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallascowboys View Post
Just wondering if the wraith is better than the photon? Or any opinions would be helpful, looking to either get a sightmark or a ATN 4k
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-96inTexas View Post
The next shipment of Wraiths is coming in July but they are all pre-sold. The next shipment will be August/September and there will be monthly shipments starting then. There are still scopes available on the August shipment and I really think it's worth the wait. And I say that as a dealer who has Photons in stock right now and I even have an X-Sight on the shelf but I wouldn't advise buying it for lots of reasons.

Without getting into a long spiel I just wouldn't buy the ATN at all any longer. Read the reviews and you'll see for yourself, its just not worth the pain and suffering. I sold them for years and it just came to the point we had no choice but to stop because of the terrible customer service for both us and our customers and the lack of quality and reliability.

The Wraith is my choice between the two. The Photon RT is still a great scope that holds it's own and it's tried and true but I'm really loving the Wraith for what it is and for the money. The Wraith has a longer range, better image quality, better zoom and it's full color during the day time which is nice if you need it but I realize a lot of people don't care about that.

Here is our comparison of the Photon RT and the Wraith HD on The Late Night Vision Show

- Jason

Old 05-28-2019, 11:53 AM   #173
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX03RUBI View Post
Iím mounting a Helion to my side by side with a remote control pan head to use as a scanner. Iím pretty excited to try it out.
You gonna use The Owl for that, or something else?
Old 05-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #174
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Yes sir. OWL with a Helion XP38. I’m running a couple of Trails, and the Helion is my buddys demo unit. If it works out like I hope I may sell another rifle to fund a Helion as well.
Old 05-28-2019, 11:04 PM   #175
kkp005
Eight Point

Hunt In: Madison County

Jason- I saw some thermions shipped from pulsar today. You getting any to test out?
kkp005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #176
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes sir. OWL with a Helion XP38.
Good setup. Great setup, as a matter of fact.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #177
Sleepy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camp County, Rusk County, Smith County, Kansas

For those of you using thermal, I have a question. Would you say that the videos posted on youtube from these scopes are an accurate depiction of what the view looks like when actually looking through the scope? Or is it generally a little crisper and cleaner when behind the scope vs the video?
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-02-2019, 10:03 PM   #178
Russ81
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
For those of you using thermal, I have a question. Would you say that the videos posted on youtube from these scopes are an accurate depiction of what the view looks like when actually looking through the scope? Or is it generally a little crisper and cleaner when behind the scope vs the video?

Iíve noticed with mine (Trail XQ50 and Axion XM38) going from thermal unit too smart phone it loses a little bit but not much, and some of the higher units donít lose much clarity though

Old 06-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #179
Sleepy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Iíve noticed with mine (Trail XQ50 and Axion XM38) going from thermal unit too smart phone it loses a little bit but not much, and some of the higher units donít lose much clarity though

Thanks for the feedback. I pulled the trigger on a Trail XQ38. Some of the videos on YouTube look pretty good, but not as crisp as what I thought they would be.
Old 06-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #180
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkp005 View Post
Jason- I saw some thermions shipped from pulsar today. You getting any to test out?
Yes sir there were a handful of Pulsar Thermions that showed up to the US last week (the week of 5/27/19). Only a small single digit amount of dealers were shipped some of these early release Thermions and I'm thankful to have been chosen to be in that group. There were only XM38 and XM50 models, NO XM30, XP38 or XP50 units. I'm emphasizing that point because another dealer on FB incorrectly said that XP50's were already shipping but that's not true. A, hopefully larger, shipment of Thermions should be headed to the US within the next few weeks. It is expected that the XP models will be coming as well but the base XM30 model is not expected to be shipping soon. It could be closer to the original August estimates, maybe sooner, maybe longer, no one knows right now but we've been told not to be expecting it soon.

Overall first impressions.... I really like the tube based scope design a lot more than I thought I would. It's really very "comfortable" to have on your rifle and to use. I like the weight balance and at a glance no one would even notice that it wasn't a daytime scope. I don't believe the Thermion is any kind of huge game changer, I think it is a nice incremental step forward with some improvements over previous models. But so far I'm liking it a lot more than I expected. Again, more thoughts after I use it more and we will go in more depth on The Late Night Vision Show.

- Jason
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2019, 11:11 PM   #181
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Ok so some more details.....I was thankful to receive a small shipment of Thermion XM38's last week and I've been able to use one for a few days and I'm really liking it. It's too soon for a full review but Hans and I will begin discussing them on The Late Night Vision Show this coming week. I managed to get on some hogs the first night out with the scope and I'll post the video below.

I was using the XM38, 320x240 12 micron, 4.2x that retails for $3,299. The hog I shot was 28 yards away and the hog that walked in between me and that hog was under 20 yards away.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:59 PM   #182
rossivey
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin Co.

Man, August is gonna be a longer wait now then from January lol. That was some good footage. Can't wait to get mine.
rossivey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-05-2019, 10:56 PM   #183
Sleepy
Pope & Young

Can’t wait till Jason gets my XQ38 in. It was a pleasure discussing and deciding with you!
Old 06-05-2019, 11:20 PM   #184
Russ81
Pope & Young

How ripe yíall think this hogbait is???

Old 06-08-2019, 10:40 AM   #185
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Name:  768D6769-ED56-4860-B00A-8351B7074A94.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  27.6 KBName:  35280142-21E7-4B52-89A8-9D7E57584ECC.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  85.4 KB

Got on the hogs a few times last night. The first time I dropped 2 with my XP50LRF. The first one I spotted about 60 yds out, and dropped him like a sack of potatoes. When I shot another one jumped up and stood there about 120 out. I put a couple in him, and he dropped a hundred yds away.

We went on down the road to a larger field we had access to, and came upon a group of 23. We were the wrong direction for wind, so made a long trek around on FM roads to come up from the backside. We hiked into the field about 300-400 yds walking alongside the hogs, trying to cut them off. Finally got in position at 60 yds away. We sat up and waited a bit, then let em have it. Buddies rifle jammed on the first round, and it was only me shooting til the end. Dropped 7-8 in that field. Wouldíve done considerably more damage had the second rifle been up.

About that time we decided to call it, and that field is a few thousand acres. When at the opposite end we ran across a lone boar that thought he wasnít spotted at roughly 25-30 yds. I put one in his neck, and he took off running. Made it 100 yds or so, and was pretty wobbly. I tried to put another in him but my rifle was jammed. (Guess we need to do some cleaning. First name in that rifle in over 5 years, and it gets used and abused constantly.) By the time I cleared the rifle the hog was out of sight. Iím assuming he dropped. He was standing in some pretty tall wheat. We didnt take the time to go find him. Iím betting my bud will find him this AM if he hasnít already.

All in all we dropped 10-11 hogs last night. Shouldve done better, but man it sure is fun.
Old 06-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #186
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mc Culloch County since 2015 Van Zandt County since 2017

Quote:
Attachment 959758Attachment 959759

Got on the hogs a few times last night. The first time I dropped 2 with my XP50LRF. The first one I spotted about 60 yds out, and dropped him like a sack of potatoes. When I shot another one jumped up and stood there about 120 out. I put a couple in him, and he dropped a hundred yds away.

We went on down the road to a larger field we had access to, and came upon a group of 23. We were the wrong direction for wind, so made a long trek around on FM roads to come up from the backside. We hiked into the field about 300-400 yds walking alongside the hogs, trying to cut them off. Finally got in position at 60 yds away. We sat up and waited a bit, then let em have it. Buddies rifle jammed on the first round, and it was only me shooting til the end. Dropped 7-8 in that field. Wouldíve done considerably more damage had the second rifle been up.

About that time we decided to call it, and that field is a few thousand acres. When at the opposite end we ran across a lone boar that thought he wasnít spotted at roughly 25-30 yds. I put one in his neck, and he took off running. Made it 100 yds or so, and was pretty wobbly. I tried to put another in him but my rifle was jammed. (Guess we need to do some cleaning. First name in that rifle in over 5 years, and it gets used and abused constantly.) By the time I cleared the rifle the hog was out of sight. Iím assuming he dropped. He was standing in some pretty tall wheat. We didnt take the time to go find him. Iím betting my bud will find him this AM if he hasnít already.

All in all we dropped 10-11 hogs last night. Shouldve done better, but man it sure is fun.

Thatís awesome!!
Thatís also more than Iíve shot in 3 years
Pushbutton2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #187
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

Am on vacation and headed home tomorrow---I'll be out and about as soon as I get caught up on chores.

Re-reading thru this thread has been hard a a guy from Texas who is in New York City!!!
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #188
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
Thatís awesome!!
Thatís also more than Iíve shot in 3 years
Last time we went out we got got two solo boars. One went approx 210-220, and the other we didnít worry about going to take a look. The time before that we got 8-9. Itís hard keeping track of them all when theyíre dropping in tall wheat. My buddy waits till the next morning, then drags em out of the field with the 4 wheeler when the buzzards are there to point them out. Lol

Iíve got some pretty good footage from this past hunt, but I havenít ever tried uploading it from my Trail yet. I may give it a try this evening.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #189
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:

Got on the hogs a few times last night. The first time I dropped 2 with my XP50LRF.
Great work. How are you liking the LRF feature?
Old 06-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #190
Russ81
Pope & Young

Hogs better get to steppiní Glenda is even packiní Ní Stackiní

Old 06-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #191
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Quote:
Great work. How are you liking the LRF feature?
I like it a lot. I’ve used the XP50 a bit, but still new to the 50LRF. The first night out with it I made a rookie mistake that would’ve been easily overcome by a quick range verification. A coyote stopped 138 yds out and only poked his head up. He had made us on the stand. I had already ranged everything prior to him coming to the call, and I thought I remembered it as 238 out. I put it right over the top of his head since I was compensating. I’m pretty decent with head shots, and that was a give me.

Friday night was my first time to range while using PIP. Luckily my buddy has his Radius on his rifle. So the range finding box is slightly lower than the reticle in the non PIP mode. The same box pulls up in the large window while in PIP, BUT the range finder is hitting off the reticle in the PIP window. If that makes sense. So I was looking at hogs through the RF box, and hitting distance well above them where the reticle in the PIP window was aiming. Essentially we were stalking up, and I was getting 410 yd readings when we were 195 yds out. I had my buddy verify range, because I knew that wasn’t right. After a few minutes of playing with it I figured out what was going on, then we resumed the stalk.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:07 PM   #192
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
I looked through it at the SHOT Show and I'll tell you what....it was the first and only thermal rifle scope I've ever looked through inside a building and immediately thought it was terrible. I'm sorry if that offends anyone who owns one, I'm honestly not trying to be mean but I've always said that I try not to judge thermal and NV image quality from what I see at the SHOT Show because every thermal looks good inside of a convention center. Well I've found an exception to the rule.lol It was seriously bad. I would highly suggest either not buying anything at all or spending $500 on something like a Sightmark Wraith HD or Photon RT. I can see no reason to spend $1,200+ on one.

Thermal has definitely gotten a whole lot cheaper in the last 3 years but good usable thermal for hunting is still going to cost you about $1,900+ as of right now.

Again, not trying to be rude about it, I just think a $500 NV optic would do you a whole lot better. Hope that helps.

Jason
See bold, which unit?
Chad C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 02:09 PM   #193
35remington
Pope & Young

Quote:
I like it a lot. Iíve used the XP50 a bit, but still new to the 50LRF. The first night out with it I made a rookie mistake that wouldíve been easily overcome by a quick range verification. A coyote stopped 138 yds out and only poked his head up. He had made us on the stand. I had already ranged everything prior to him coming to the call, and I thought I remembered it as 238 out. I put it right over the top of his head since I was compensating. Iím pretty decent with head shots, and that was a give me.

Friday night was my first time to range while using PIP. Luckily my buddy has his Radius on his rifle. So the range finding box is slightly lower than the reticle in the non PIP mode. The same box pulls up in the large window while in PIP, BUT the range finder is hitting off the reticle in the PIP window. If that makes sense. So I was looking at hogs through the RF box, and hitting distance well above them where the reticle in the PIP window was aiming. Essentially we were stalking up, and I was getting 410 yd readings when we were 195 yds out. I had my buddy verify range, because I knew that wasnít right. After a few minutes of playing with it I figured out what was going on, then we resumed the stalk.
Makes total sense. Thanks for responding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
See bold, which unit?
Don't want to speak for Jason but I bet he means the Pulsar Core RXQ30V, which just got a nice new display and is punching way above its price point. I loved mine before I gave it to a buddy.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #194
Chad C
Pope & Young

Thanks. I'll start reading up on them.
Chad C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #195
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Thanks. I'll start reading up on them.
Here's Outdoor Legacy's website.
He has reviews on lots of scopes.

I copied the link to his page with Thermal scopes.

https://outdoorlegacygear.com/collec...rice-ascending

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-12-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #196
Pushbutton2
Pope & Young

Misread post.
Making this post unnecessary.
Sorry

Last edited by Pushbutton2; 06-12-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:38 AM   #197
BIG BONE
Pope & Young

Default 2019 Night Vision & Thermal Thread

Jason, I cant thank you enough for the insight you gave me on thermal scopes. Finally got to use it tonight and already making some great memories with my dad and oldest son. The pulsar XQ50 did not disappoint. Itís everything we were looking for in a scope. You are the cats meow of night vision scopes and customer service. Canít thank you enough. We killed 2 tonight freehand stalking. Next on my list to buy is a tripod. I shoulda killed more but it was tough trying to hit the small babies haha. The stream vision app is pretty legit also. Very easy to use and download videos to my phone. Iíll try and post videos of tonight. Thanks again

https://youtu.be/9nmGmaZx_fc

https://youtu.be/8l4kBKm_Dlk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BIG BONE; 06-15-2019 at 04:48 AM.
BIG BONE is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2019, 07:51 AM   #198
TX03RUBI
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BONE View Post
Jason, I cant thank you enough for the insight you gave me on thermal scopes. Finally got to use it tonight and already making some great memories with my dad and oldest son. The pulsar XQ50 did not disappoint. Itís everything we were looking for in a scope. You are the cats meow of night vision scopes and customer service. Canít thank you enough. We killed 2 tonight freehand stalking. Next on my list to buy is a tripod. I shoulda killed more but it was tough trying to hit the small babies haha. The stream vision app is pretty legit also. Very easy to use and download videos to my phone. Iíll try and post videos of tonight. Thanks again

https://youtu.be/9nmGmaZx_fc

https://youtu.be/8l4kBKm_Dlk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Welcome to the new addiction haha a tripod makes all the difference. Itíll make those little guys a lot easier on the follow ups.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:04 AM   #199
dustoffer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: S/Central Tx

Have had several fat sows coming in and winds were right so took the AR and XQ50 for a sit. About 30 minutes after I got in my seat, they showed up. Only problem was waiting until one had its head out of the mass of bodies---hard to pick out a head with the thermal set to "black" when they are all in a wad. At any rate about 20 seconds after they showed up, I squeezed it off and it was over.

dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-15-2019, 11:30 AM   #200
dallascowboys
Eight Point

Hunt In: Anywhere i can!

I decided I want to get into the thermal scope world, however I cant play with the big boys yet! what would you recommend in the 2k range? I see a lot of pulsar trail xq30s and the core rxq30s in that price range used, as well as some atn thor hds. Are they pretty decent beginner thermals? Anyone have any time under one of these? Thanks for the help
dallascowboys is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top