T. Boone Pickens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T. Boone Pickens

Worked as his assistant ranch manager for 7 years. Lots of stories to tell. Many loved him and many didnt care for him. . Regardless of where folks stand he donated LOTS of money to charity and causes and helped lots of people.

He spoke at my commencement at OSU in 1979 - I had no idea who he was then....

Comment

Care to share some stories? RIP to a legend.

Comment

Love that when asked when he felt like he “made it” it was when he “realized he had 12 bird dogs”.

He felt that “to be wealthy is to have an abundance of something you love . And for him that was bird dogs”.

#merica #oilandgas #birddogs

Comment

I read he had passed on news article today and went to the comments. They were literally rejoicing at his demise. The construction of his ranch poured a lot of money into to my little community during that phase. It is an amazing place to say the least. May he rest in peace.

Comment

A great man! Sad day

Comment

RIP to Boone. He gave away over a billion dollars during his life and I'm sure there is more to come now that he passed. His ranch sure is something else.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                Worked as his assistant ranch manager for 7 years. Lots of stories to tell. Many loved him and many didnt care for him. . Regardless of where folks stand he donated LOTS of money to charity and causes and helped lots of people.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/09/11/...ies-at-91.html
                RIP BP

Good article.

Comment

R.I.P. A good man.

Comment

He was instrumental in the 2008 elections. His wind energy push swayed lots of votes.

Comment

RIP Sir. You did it your way!!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        RIP to Boone. He gave away over a billion dollars during his life and I'm sure there is more to come now that he passed. His ranch sure is something else.

To bad he didn’t care about other people’s ranches when he wanted easements

Comment

I think we’re hunting one of his former quail ranches NW of Aspermont turned into deer/quail now. Rough country but beautiful along Salt fork of Brazos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I thought it was a funny line about when he knew his college basketball career was over. His coach said “Pickens, this ain’t your sport - you can’t run fast enough to scatter leaves”

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                              To bad he didn’t care about other people’s ranches when he wanted easements
                              How could he do that without their consent? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X