No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Guadalupe river trout trip sounds amazing! Got to try that!

Comment

Not sure if everyone knows, I just found out today. Southwest airlines now flying to Bozeman and has flights under $100 each way from SAT, I am sure your city will be reasonable too.

Comment

My buddy and I fished a couple stretches of Brushy Creek in Round Rock Saturday. Probably caught 70-80 fish between us. Mostly Red-breasted and Longears but a few bass mixed in. It was very nice, much nicer than we expected
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          Not sure if everyone knows, I just found out today. Southwest airlines now flying to Bozeman and has flights under $100 each way from SAT, I am sure your city will be reasonable too.
          That would be cool! I wanna try and put something cool together next fall for momma and I's 20th! She likes fly fishing and we both like mountains!

Comment

Originally posted by Tykam View Post
            My buddy and I fished a couple stretches of Brushy Creek in Round Rock Saturday. Probably caught 70-80 fish between us. Mostly Red-breasted and Longears but a few bass mixed in. It was very nice, much nicer than we expected
            Pretty fish. They're good fighters on the fly.

Comment

Haven't taken the fly rod out much recently. Wish the wind would lay just for a bit!

Comment

Going to be heading to the Spokane/Coeur D'alene region in September, anyone been there and have recommendations on guides and rivers to target?

Comment

what were they hitting on?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                    what were they hitting on?
                    I had my best luck with a pink San Juan worm. Other guy caught most of his on a nymph under a spider. Not sure on sizes, I just buy them and tie them on if they look good

Comment

I had my best luck with a pink San Juan worm. Other guy caught most of his on a nymph under a spider. Not sure on sizes, I just buy them and tie them on if they look good
                      Thanks

Comment

I think I posted in this thread earlier, but just read the last several months worth.
                        #1 I'm jealous of you boys with the clear rivers.
                        #2 wore out the sandbass this spring. I think my count was something like 540.
                        #3 carp on the fly are a blast. I managed 3 during the sandbass run with 2 more foul hooked.
                        My next quest will be a Rio Grande Cichlid, in a few weeks! (Tips and tricks for those are welcomed. I've never seen one or fished waters that have them.)
                        [emoji2957]upside down pic is a bonus
                        Last edited by tgil; 05-13-2021, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Curious if anyone has taken fly rods down the brazos? I’m planning the overnight kayak trip, if anyone is interested in tagging along. Using rochelles shuttle service

Comment

Originally posted by St59 View Post
                            Curious if anyone has taken fly rods down the brazos? I’m planning the overnight kayak trip, if anyone is interested in tagging along. Using rochelles shuttle service
                            Starting where?

Last evening at the pond. Bamboo, vintage poppers, just me and 2 mexican squealers.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                              Starting where?

Last evening at the pond. Bamboo, vintage poppers, just me and 2 mexican squealers.
                              I’m thinking possum kingdom. Use rochelles and most likely do the 19 mile for the first trip and camp overnight

Comment

Went on a vaccication up near Breckinridge Co. Fly fished in the snow. Was a ton of fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3814E970-7D6A-4F7E-BFA7-61E4FA42BD86.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	24652709

Click image for larger version

Name:	2668E087-A24F-4886-BD54-2AD9CEA845AA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	24652710

Comment

Working...