No announcement yet.

I think our insurance company may be having a call with our GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your insurance will cover this and likely the contractors will not be involved. I’ve seen way worse construction and insurance never batted an eye. They covered it as is. It’s to late for the insurance company to go backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
      This isn’t a small fly by night company and we didn’t go with the cheapest bid. We didn’t even shop it around. We went with who was recommended based on people we trusted and seeing their other other work in the area.

I’m not going to say the name of the GC unless he doesn’t make it right.

I had the same thought as some of these other guys when I first read your OP yesterday. But, it sounds like you should have documented proof that you have been pointing out the issues and have requested he repair the ones you were aware of that needed to be corrected.

It sounds like your company contracted this building, were the designs reviewed and stamped by a PE and the GC just not build to those drawings? Or did they provide a “standard” set of drawings and they just worked off of those?

Comment

It’s to late for the insurance company to go backwards.
        They have all kinds of loop holes and small print in every policy. They will get out of anything and everything that they can

Comment

unusual

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            I had the same thought as some of these other guys when I first read your OP yesterday. But, it sounds like you should have documented proof that you have been pointing out the issues and have requested he repair the ones you were aware of that needed to be corrected.

It sounds like your company contracted this building, were the designs reviewed and stamped by a PE and the GC just not build to those drawings? Or did they provide a “standard” set of drawings and they just worked off of those?

This is an $800k 14,000sf facility we had an architect design and was built in town. It was all approved and stamped by a PE and he is a major GC in this area. There was 6” of snow on it. Yes we have documentation of the issues we have raised in the past.

Not worried about insurance covering it.

Comment

Scary, glad no one was hurt.

Certainly a brown pants situation for anyone nearby when it happened though. If Insurance doesn't cover repairs, they should at least replace the effected pants/underwear.

Comment

If you need a lawyer I know a guy! lol

Comment

Working...
                X