Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloudy water, then clears up...water softener issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloudy water, then clears up...water softener issue?

We are on well water and I have a set of filters and then the water softener before the water comes in the house.

We have been getting cloudy water, it’s air in the water as it quickly goes away.

Picture of what it looks like:

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

In on this as we get this from time to time also. Not quite that murky though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looks like too much O in your H2O. Just a guess.

Comment

Could be calcium build up in a pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
          Could be calcium build up in a pipe.
          No, have tested the hardness and it’s not a calcium issue. And it goes away in 20 seconds or so.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            No, have tested the hardness and it’s not a calcium issue. And it goes away in 20 seconds or so.
            Hmm. Then air in the system from somewhere. Have you tried just running water from each faucet, starting with the farthest, then turning them off in reverse order to get the air bubble out?

Comment

I have worked this back to my well, lots of air in my water once it exits the pressure tank.

Any water well gurus on here, is this an issue with the water depth in the well, has it gone low and the pump is getting a lot of air?

Comment

I have the same issue. On community water.
                Not as cloudy
                Is it a bad thing ?

BP

Comment

Mine does the same thing. I think it’s only air bubbles from the internal aeration system that removes any sulfur that may be in the water. It’s only air and dissipates quickly.
                  I have a Nations Pure system.

Comment

Micro bubbles the will rise from the bottom and then disappear right?

Comment

Mine does it worse at the water hose connection right at the well but I haven't troubleshot it yet

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                        Micro bubbles the will rise from the bottom and then disappear right?
                        Yes

Comment

Most likely cause would be your ACV (air control valve) on your pressure tank has a stuck float or is stopped up with minerals, assuming your well system is set up this way. The ACV is normally what your pressure switch is attached to. Most cases these are not repairable, best to replace. You can run your hand down the tank to detect where the water level is by feeling for a temperature difference. If the water level is more than a foot below the pressure switch then you are probably drawing in air when the water is drawn down before the pump kicks on. Cloudy water as you described with entrained air is usually a dead give away.

Comment

Originally posted by LogFlinger View Post
                            Most likely cause would be your ACV (air control valve) on your pressure tank has a stuck float or is stopped up with minerals, assuming your well system is set up this way. The ACV is normally what your pressure switch is attached to. Most cases these are not repairable, best to replace. You can run your hand down the tank to detect where the water level is by feeling for a temperature difference. If the water level is more than a foot below the pressure switch then you are probably drawing in air when the water is drawn down before the pump kicks on. Cloudy water as you described with entrained air is usually a dead give away.
                            The ACV is only a few months old, but this started up not too long after it was replaced. I’ll take a look and see if that is it. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Honestly I see it every day in San Antonio city water. It can also be cause by the water softener when it does a regenerate
                              It will normally run out of brine on the brine draw and suck in some air won't always get pushed out in the backwash and ends up in the house.

Comment

Working...
                              X