Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to hear. RIP

Comment

Prayers up for Bob's family! He was a pioneer in the traditional archery and I believe was the first bowyer to produce a takedown model for his recurve line! Always personable and willing to visit with other archers.
      I was always honored to have known him and Rob! Good people!!!!

Comment

Good man gone.
        RIP

Comment

And thus another legend passes.

RIP sir, you will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Bob was 94. His son Rob will continue the tradition of fantastic bows!

Comment

Prayers of comfort sent out for friends and family.

Comment

I took my first whitetail with trad gear with a boblee hunter. Fly high good sir. You were a beacon of good light.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Rip

Comment

the obituary
                    View Robert "Bob" Eugene Lee's obituary, contribute to their memorial, see their funeral service details, and more.

Comment

Robert (Bob) Eugene Lee, 92, of Jacksonville, Texas passed away February 4, 2021 with family members and beloved pets by his side. Throughout his life, Bob was a devoted Christian, husband, father, grandfather, successful businessman and visionary sportsman. Bob was born on May 1, 1928 to Mr. Jesse Eugene Lee and Mrs. Maggie Fowler Lee in Birmingham, Alabama. He is preceded in death by Charlotte Lee his wife of 73 years, two brothers and two sisters.
                      Bob was a true pioneer and innovator in the field of archery, starting Wing Archery in 1951 in Houston, TX. In 1959, he successfully lobbied for Texas first archery-only hunting season and was instrumental in forming the Pope & Young Club, archery’s equivalent to the Boone & Crockett Club. Bob then designed and produced the first 3-piece recurve bow, starting the take-down bow phenomenon. Bob moved Wing Archery from Houston to Jacksonville, TX in 1965, soon becoming the city’s largest employer. In recognition of his lifetime achievements and contributions to the sport of archery, Bob was inducted into the National Bowhunters Hall of Fame in 2007. Then in 2014, Bob was inducted into the National Archery Hall of Fame. In addition to his archery pursuits, Bob & Charlotte started Bob Lee Builders, developing several properties including Cherokee Club Estates and Pine Crest Estates.
                      Bob is survived by daughter, Patricia Ann Lee of Jacksonville, TX; son, Robert (Rob) Lee and wife Jennifer Lee of Jacksonville, TX; grandson, Robert H Brown and wife Jill Brown and children, Brina and Gage Jones and granddaughter, Wendee Benedettini and husband Steve Benedettini and children, Joe and Tori Benedettini
                      The family requests that any gifts be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital www.stjude.org.
                      A memorial service will be held at a later date.

Comment

Bob Lee RIP

RIP Mr. Lee. I still have my Red Wing Hunter I bought in 1968 with money earned delivering newspapers.

It’s been packed for almost 2 years with our retirement and several rentals moves to our new home.

I had to unpack, string and draw the RWH in memory of Bob Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Bill; 02-07-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

He was a dandy and will be missed. Prayers for the family

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            RIP Mr. Lee. I still have my Red Wing Hunter

I had to unpack, string and draw the RWH in memory of Bob Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, Jack!

Originally posted by CaptJack View Post
                              Originally posted by CaptJack View Post
                              Robert (Bob) Eugene Lee, 92, of Jacksonville, Texas passed away February 4, 2021 with family members and beloved pets by his side. Throughout his life, Bob was a devoted Christian, husband, father, grandfather, successful businessman and visionary sportsman. Bob was born on May 1, 1928 to Mr. Jesse Eugene Lee and Mrs. Maggie Fowler Lee in Birmingham, Alabama. He is preceded in death by Charlotte Lee his wife of 73 years, two brothers and two sisters.
                              Bob was a true pioneer and innovator in the field of archery, starting Wing Archery in 1951 in Houston, TX. In 1959, he successfully lobbied for Texas first archery-only hunting season and was instrumental in forming the Pope & Young Club, archery’s equivalent to the Boone & Crockett Club. Bob then designed and produced the first 3-piece recurve bow, starting the take-down bow phenomenon. Bob moved Wing Archery from Houston to Jacksonville, TX in 1965, soon becoming the city’s largest employer. In recognition of his lifetime achievements and contributions to the sport of archery, Bob was inducted into the National Bowhunters Hall of Fame in 2007. Then in 2014, Bob was inducted into the National Archery Hall of Fame. In addition to his archery pursuits, Bob & Charlotte started Bob Lee Builders, developing several properties including Cherokee Club Estates and Pine Crest Estates.
                              Bob is survived by daughter, Patricia Ann Lee of Jacksonville, TX; son, Robert (Rob) Lee and wife Jennifer Lee of Jacksonville, TX; grandson, Robert H Brown and wife Jill Brown and children, Brina and Gage Jones and granddaughter, Wendee Benedettini and husband Steve Benedettini and children, Joe and Tori Benedettini
                              The family requests that any gifts be made to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital www.stjude.org.
                              A memorial service will be held at a later date.

Comment

Working...
                              X