Houston Texans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
    To be honest, if Watson is willing to be traded to the Jets, that would be a good thing for the Texans. The Jets have the 2nd and 23rd pick in the 1st round this year. Miami is in a similar position sitting there with the 3rd and 18th picks in the first round.

A pair of 1st round picks (including a top 5), plus perhaps a 1st rounder next year and a few other later round picks is at least in the ball park of a respectable looking trade deal. I'm sure the Jets and Miami are most definitely in the running if Watson is willing to go to either of them.

And Im sure the Texans would trade away one of those picks for a burned out lineman and draft a 3rd string running back with the other. We'll see

Comment

Trade him to the Jaguars, draft Trevor Lawrence and get their other first rounder and a slew of other high picks and let the duels begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        This breaks my heart to see....
        Haha, mine as well...
        Why would they hire a 65 year old Jimmy Swaggert(Culley)? To keep the seat warm for a couple years till Joel Osteen( Josh McCown) is ready🙄🙄😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
          And Im sure the Texans would trade away one of those picks for a burned out lineman and draft a 3rd string running back with the other. We'll see
          Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If his argument is that he wants to go to a better run organization but he's willing to got to the Jets...it doesn't really hold up. I am quite certain the Texas have done way better than the Jets over the past 10-15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
              If his argument is that he wants to go to a better run organization but he's willing to got to the Jets...it doesn't really hold up. I am quite certain the Texas have done way better than the Jets over the past 10-15 years.
              They are still not better run.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post

Thank you!! Anyone who thinks DW should just continue to shut up and deal, is clueless. If you as an employee have a set of skills that would allow you to not only make top money for your field, and be able to choose whether you want to go in to work every week and not get screwed over by ownership, not a single solitary person would be okay dealing with it. Yet he kept his mouth shut under some of the most hideous player management/coaching ever in NFL history. Yet some geniuses think he should be content to continue to waste his career under the idiots in control at Houston. If he was a middle of the road QB, who had just enough talent to keep a job, he would join the lunatics saying he should just shut up and accept the crap management decisions. He would take his check and enjoy his time. He isn’t a run of the mill player, and anyone saying he is should seriously rethink their football knowledge. He has a chance to be something special, as evidenced by his play this year with less than great personnel.
                Watson shouldn’t have signed the 150 mil contract

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Agreed
                  They have traded away more talent than most teams have for a 2% return. They arent better run than any team.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Never said they are better run but doubt they are any worse than the Jets.

Comment

Never said they are better run but doubt they are any worse than the Jets.
                      I'm afraid they are, and by quite a stretch.

Comment

Texans don’t have to trade or pay him. He’d lose his *** if he decides to sit. If he retires, we still own his playing rights next year anyway.
                        So Texans can play hardball just as easily as QB4.
                        It does make me mad that a few months ago he was crying and thanking the organization, then he wants out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                          Texans don’t have to trade or pay him. He’d lose his *** if he decides to sit. If he retires, we still own his playing rights next year anyway.
                          So Texans can play hardball just as easily as QB4.
                          It does make me mad that a few months ago he was crying and thanking the organization, then he wants out.
                          This is not how it works. I don't like his methods either, though I can definitely see why he's mad, but he's got a bunch of guaranteed money coming.

If he wants traded, he'll get traded, the organization can't afford to play "hardball" with him....there's too much at stake.

Comment

Screw Deshawn Watson, he's good but he hasn't earned the right to act like he is. Heaven forbid he have to work for it and not get traded into a team with all the pieces in place. Sounds like the NBA, just trade the best players back and forth. I won't miss him one bit and he didn't do anything to impress me when he was here. Don't get me wrong he's talented but until he accomplishes something please spare me the drama. It's time for JJ and his new big mouth to exit too. He was great for the city and I will always be a fan but it's time to move on.

I find it amusing that players aren't entitled to want out of an organization that has been terribly ran for several years now, but that same horrible front office can cut or trade players as they please! Watson has sat quiet for a while now watching the talent on that roster get traded or not resigned. I don't blame him one bit for finally having enough. I am not even a Texans fan, but to say Watson hasn't earned anything is foolish. Watson has carried that roster to several playoff appearances and consistently won with a subpar supporting cast.

Comment

D4 hasn't earned squat.

1) He just signed a contract stating that he will play for the Texans for 4 years.

2) He's a 4-12 quarterback. So what he makes some cool plays. He can't win games. Average NFL quarterbacks need a strong supporting cast around them. Great NFL quarterbacks raise the play of everyone around them. D4 is currently an average NFL quarterback. Until he becomes great, he has no right to demand anything.

I have been a Texan fan since they came into existence. I was in the building for the 19-10 win over the Cowboys in '02.

I was a life long Oiler fan until they moved to Tenn. That plot of land on Kirby is jinxed. We've wasted so much amazing talent in the Dome, Reliant/NRG over the years. With Tommy Boy as CEO we are becoming the Bungles of the south. It's sad.
                              Last edited by Jason; 01-29-2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dale Moser;15439221

If he wants traded, he'll get traded, the organization can't afford to play "hardball" with him....there's too much at stake.[/QUOTE]

Dale you have to stop using logic when it comes to the Texans

Comment

Working...
                                X