? For the TBH Roofers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
    Probably can get it done right for around $5,400.
    Would install ridge vent and delete turbines.
    Here is what I came up with from 257 miles away using pricing software that most insurance companies use.
    Is anyone actually still cutting three tabs for ridges and hips?

You can use the "standard" ridge line item to get the pre-cut ridges.

Comment

I had my 22 year old roof replaced 4-5 months ago. Didn't pay a dime and actually got money back and my premium went down 50%

WIN WIN!

2300 SF house with big deck

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        I had my 22 year old roof replaced 4-5 months ago. Didn't pay a dime and actually got money back and my premium went down 50%

WIN WIN!

2300 SF house with big deck
        Did you DIY?

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
          Did you DIY?
          Nope. Had a company do it. I paid nothing out of pocket.

Comment

Nope. Had a company do it. I paid nothing out of pocket.

So the company illegally paid your deductible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              Is anyone actually still cutting three tabs for ridges and hips?

You can use the "standard" ridge line item to get the pre-cut ridges.
              As a matter of fact, I’d say more than half of the roofers in my area are still using cut three tabs for hip & ridge, as well as most builders.

I can use the standard ridge cap line item and install high profile.
              When y’all pay for high profile, I use the high profile line item.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post

This comes up every time...

My problem with the new law is why should the roofer take home all the money from the insurance company if their quote is less? They did not pay one cent of my premiums all these years and feel entitled to the full amount from the insurance companies. Why is the home owner keeping the left over money from the insurance company Illegal?

Sounds like legislative lobbying by the roofing companies to screw the home owner.

Just have an issue with this law.
                Last edited by WilliamL; 01-29-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

If you do something illegal don’t post about it on an open forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

think y'all are making some assumptions on the deductible.

When I had my roof replaced. Insurance company cut me a check. I used that check and some of my own money to pay for new roof. If a quote was given that was less than what the insurance paid the homeowner...is there a problem with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post

I don't care what they do. Just put my roof on

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

When I had my roof replaced. Insurance company cut me a check. I used that check and some of my own money to pay for new roof. If a quote was given that was less than what the insurance paid the homeowner...is there a problem with that?
                      YEP! Sent check to company proving I paid deductible

Comment

I don't care what they do. Just put my roof on

YEP! Sent check to company proving I paid deductible

Some back door type stuff. I get it. Still insurance fraud but hey......you do you. I know if I get beat out on an insurance job because someone paid a customers deductible they get reported. I’m assuming this was a buddy. Not many roofers will even entertain paying your deductible while putting their own hide at risk. Worked out for you but I probably wouldn’t be advertising it.

https://www.propertyinsurancecoverag...de%20§707.002.

Comment

I charge around $280-300/sq Depending on Eagleview measurements.

At 17 sq, $5100 with 5 yr no-leak warranty on a Lifetime laminate Shingle.

Full replacement includes up to 2 sheets of decking and all soft metals, pipe jacks, vents, etc.
                          Last edited by Chuy; 01-29-2021, 12:04 PM.

Comment

following as I need to re roof my detached garage with a metal roof.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
                              This comes up every time...

My problem with the new law is why should the roofer take home all the money from the insurance company if their quote is less? They did not pay one cent of my premiums all these years and feel entitled to the full amount from the insurance companies. Why is the home owner keeping the left over money from the insurance company Illegal?

Sounds like legislative lobbying by the roofing companies to screw the home owner.

Just have an issue with this law.

On an insurance job there should be NO quote. The roofers should be doing the job for what insurance is paying for the roof and the home owner should be responsible for their deductible. It is as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

Common misconception.

If the estimate is less than what the insurance is paying then you don’t pocket the extra money. The insurance is only going to pay you for the amount the roofer is doing the job for less your deductible.

That’s why the only winner in a claim situation going the estimate route is the insurance company. If you want to maximize the claim then you should be showing the roofers your insurance and let them maximize the claim based off insurance payment.

Fraud is fraud

Comment

Working...
                                X