No announcement yet.

Best short action 30 cal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 Sherman Short--- get that 215 Berger running around 2900... outruns the WSM considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
      Exactly. No way would I waste THAT barrel on a 300 blackout. Also, he doesn't have a bolt head for it.
      I have a standard and a magnum bolt head and can buy whatever for it. Even the small head. But no go on a blackout as I have a 9” sbr already lol

Comment

Are you saying youre interested in the second best to the 308 or are you saying that youre just not interested in the 308

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          300 Weatherby.

Not a short action compatible caliber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like you’re stuck with a 300wsm. Unless you want to shell out for 300 saum

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
              300 Sherman Short--- get that 215 Berger running around 2900... outruns the WSM considerably.

The Sherman cartridges look great on paper but brass is ridiculously expensive for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                Looks like you’re stuck with a 300wsm. Unless you want to shell out for 300 saum

That’s what it’s looking like

Comment

338 federal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    The Sherman cartridges look great on paper but brass is ridiculously expensive for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Brass isn't cheap regardless these days- look at what ADG or even Nosler gets for many popular cartridges. $2.00 and up...

$185/100 isn't unreasonable for what you are getting, especially if you are looking for a short action step up from the WSM.

Comment

Originally posted by cblackall View Post
                      300 RCM if you’re wanting magnum performance, and something a little bit different.
                      This or the .338 RCM

Comment

Idk how I can shove a .338 Bullet down a .308 barrel. I guess I can try it once

Comment

new gunsmithing technique!

All jokes aside-- are you gonna cut that #3 back to where you can thread 5/8x24 or run it with no brake or suppressor?

Comment

I've been having the same internal debate and can't find better than the 300 wsm. Only knock against it would be brass quality.

You could build a 300 saum for the adg brass or shenmanize for wsm performance with age brass.

I'm wanting to build one light and handy with a 22 inch barrel. Was wanting to do a 7-300 wsm but i can't see it doing much more if at all any more than the 300.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                              new gunsmithing technique!

All jokes aside-- are you gonna cut that #3 back to where you can thread 5/8x24 or run it with no brake or suppressor?
                              I can change mounts on my direct thread can. So whatever I can thread it will work. I have 1/2 and 5/8 and 9/16 mounts. It’ll be threaded for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X