No announcement yet.

27 Nosler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that being said... I have a 1-8 twist, HCA Carbon Summit barrel waiting.... planned a 270wsm on a Tikka... might have to exercise some patience and see what happens now.

Comment

I may be wrong but I don’t think this cartridge has a shot long term. I don’t think anyone was begging for a big .277 cartridge given the multitude of big .284 stuff on the market. I’m sure Nosler has and will dump a pile of money behind it but it’s not doing anything the 28 Nos, 7STW and 7RUM isn’t already doing. Too close to established cartridges without any big advantages IMO.

Comment

I don't think anyone will argue that it does something the 28N or big 7s aren't doing.

It simply fills a niche (big, fast, .277 caliber) that takes advantage of new, higher bc bullets becoming available.

And because big, heavy for caliber bullets aren't going to go out of style, neither will cartridges that can shoot them... especially if they can shoot em fast.

I predict it will be much like the 26N... not a supremely popular off the shelf cartridge but handloaders and guys who wanna specific bullets fast will love it.

I had planned my build around a 270wsm and the 156gr Hammer Hunter... now I may try the 27N just to eek out that last bit of juice.

Comment

Doubt I ever get/ build one, cause I'm not a LONG RANGE guy. But I definitely prefer. 277 bullets over .284 for killing critters. I have a 7 rem mag and 7-08, but they are always slower killers than .277,.264,.308's in my experience. Recoil has absolutely nothing to do with it. Just my experience...from hunting over 35 years. I've had better luck with 6mm vs 7mm on deer. I did shoot my only elk (cow) with a 7 mag and 160 gr accubonds at a little over 300 yards. She ran about 20 yards and dropped but took a few minutes before she gave it up. There is just something about 7mm bullets that seem to kill slower for me. My 350ish lbs auodad took a 140gr accubond from my 270 wsm and was dead within less than 10 yards. Just my opinion......

Comment

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
            Doubt I ever get/ build one, cause I'm not a LONG RANGE guy. But I definitely prefer. 277 bullets over .284 for killing critters. I have a 7 rem mag and 7-08, but they are always slower killers than .277,.264,.308's in my experience. Recoil has absolutely nothing to do with it. Just my experience...from hunting over 35 years. I've had better luck with 6mm vs 7mm on deer. I did shoot my only elk (cow) with a 7 mag and 160 gr accubonds at a little over 300 yards. She ran about 20 yards and dropped but took a few minutes before she gave it up. There is just something about 7mm bullets that seem to kill slower for me. My 350ish lbs auodad took a 140gr accubond from my 270 wsm and was dead within less than 10 yards. Just my opinion......
            Our opinions are apparently different. I’ve killed a truckload of whitetails with 7mm bullets. Those bullets were fired from 7-08s, 280, 280AI and 7STW. All died quickly, many never took a step. I’d love to say there’s something magical about the 7mm but there isn't. I’ve also killed a heck of a lot more deer with everything ranging from 243 to 300WSM. I don’t think the animal knows what diameter bullet just deflated it’s lungs. Put a good bullet where it’s supposed to go and they will die quickly. Just my opinion, yours may be different.

Comment

Our opinions are apparently different. I’ve killed a truckload of whitetails with 7mm bullets. Those bullets were fired from 7-08s, 280, 280AI and 7STW. All died quickly, many never took a step. I’d love to say there’s something magical about the 7mm but there isn't. I’ve also killed a heck of a lot more deer with everything ranging from 243 to 300WSM. I don’t think the animal knows what diameter bullet just deflated it’s lungs. Put a good bullet where it’s supposed to go and they will die quickly. Just my opinion, yours may be different.
              I'm also with you on this one
              A skilled hunter could kill a deer with everything, even with bb gun, the only thing that it need is a good equipment and a steady trigger finger

Comment

It’s all about marketing. In the grand scheme of things a man needs a small, medium, and large when it comes to rifles. If you have deep pockets and are going to Africa I’d add in Extra large.

I see no “space” a 27 Nosler fills. Buy one if you want. I’m personally going to wait on the 27 1/2 Nosler or even better...the 6 3/4 Creedmore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  It’s all about marketing. In the grand scheme of things a man needs a small, medium, and large when it comes to rifles. If you have deep pockets and are going to Africa I’d add in Extra large.

I see no “space” a 27 Nosler fills. Buy one if you want. I’m personally going to wait on the 27 1/2 Nosler or even better...the 6 3/4 Creedmore.

Heck yeah!
                  I need a 6.75 “creedmore” 😂

Comment

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
                    Heck yeah!
                    I need a 6.75 “creedmore” [emoji23]

You sure do....cause more is better that moor. Just wait until the 301 Win Mag comes out. It’s gonna be way better than the 300 Win Mag.

Comment

IMHO, the point of diminishing returns was reached some time ago. However, marketing will always exist so new “better” chamber offerings will keep a coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X