No announcement yet.

Selling your car online...which site??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in this position 6-8 months ago and sold to a dealer for more than the similar cars were listed for on Autotrader.

Much less hassle too. Drive in, 10 minute look over/test drive, pick up a check and go.

Comment

I can not imagine Any company ready to write a KBB trade price as an example, with no seeing and checking the auto and no sale to you involved. It is playing with numbers and the actual price you get on paper with a true trade for another vehicle is never known to you as it is a numbers game. It is not a true scam but a strategy where looks like you got a great trade but the price on the buy covers their loss and they win. They sell it often for less than they "on Paper" gave you. Get an offer from a dealer without buying and that "May" be the real price. The tax savings on trading is a good thing. Just know values of purchase and trade and hold firm. KBB is usually close on trade but cars with known issues may fall below and sought after may be worth a lot more than any estimates given. I am not a sales person.

Comment

I’ve had good success with Carmax in the past. Give me the VIN.com guarantees to beat Carmax. Between those two you should get a pretty good idea on wholesale value of your vehicle.

To get the retail value, ask your bank how much they would loan on it.

Then you can choose if you want to hassle with selling retail or just wholesaling it.

Comment

As a dealer, I recommend Facebook marketplace or hopping around several dealers to get some offers. If you’d like, shoot me the vin and info and I’ll see what I could do.

Your coming up on the best time to sell with all the income tax ballers on the loose!

Comment

I'm not going give away a 50th anniversary 650HP Camaro with less than 7k miles...the offers were insulting & somebody will want it & don't need to sell so really not worried.

I just hate the haggle trade in & would prefer to sell outright & deal a cash deal on a truck. Thats the other issue as I have no idea what I want to get. First things first I guess.

Comment

Used Texas Direct Auto for one, they gave me a higher bid then give me the vin. Both were within $500 of each other.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Facebook marketplace.

Comment

Give me the vin gives the best price, by far, that I've come across. Offered more than ANY dealer for our BMW & a buddy's Jeep. $1,000's more.

Comment

Carguru is what I used . Sold in a week.

Comment

If you do not trade it in on the new car you are buying you will lose out on the sales tax offset.
                      Something like 6.25%. It can add up on a car like yours.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mayhem;14650403]Givemethevin.com

John clay wolfee

Super easy way to sell a car. I was looking at getting rid of the tundra a couple years ago and they gave me a awesome quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Wolfe with one E. He is my second cousin. His dad and I were first cousins.

Comment

Working...
                        X