X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continued Prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
      Been a long time since I’ve updated this one.

In July a treatment called TTF (tumor treating fields) started for Kristin. The apparatus is called Optune for those inclined to read about stuff. It requires her to be wearing this contraption 18 hours a day.

Done a few more trips - Cape Code, NC, Charleston, Boston, Siesta Key coming next month.

Avastin infusions stopped in October. Chemo treatment stopped in November.

Four stable MRI results in a row!!! August, October, November and January. Strange that you get so prepared for bad news from the MRI that you don’t really celebrate the positive aspects of a stable MRI. Guess it’s just part of the defense mechanism you find yourself cloaked in together.

Flew my daughter back from Fort Bragg to help decorate the Christmas tree. That was a 24 hour trip.

Doc said work on quality of life so that’s what we’re doing.

I can’t believe how many more people are popping up with cancer. What a wicked adventure. Prayers up for all of you fighters and caregivers. It’s a tough road to hoe.
      Interesting about the Optune. My dad has glioblastoma and has been using Optune since November. He is 73 and things are not going well. He was just diagnosed in July. It sounds like it has been working for Kristen though. I pray that it continues to allow her and you both a good quality of life. As for my dad, we now pray that he doesn't suffer and that God will welcome him into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Comment

Dense, but certainly worth a listen to anyone with family struggling with solid tumor cancer. If nothing else, drive insulin and blood sugar as low as possible and you’ll certainly buy yourself some time. Throw in a proton pump inhibitor (prilosec is an OTC proton pump inhibitor) and you can further stress cancer cells towards apoptosis.

“The standard of care should never have been written in granite. It should be flexible. If you have something else that comes along that might be better, you'd think there would be enthusiasm.” —Tom Seyfried
        Last edited by TwoHighways; 01-15-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Tim, my heart aches for you both. I know first hand what you are going through. I was just scrolling through alll the posts because I had forgotten how long this has been going on.
          I found a post from Eric Pence (#340). It seems like it was just yesterday.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Tim, I'm still praying for y'all, bud. I cannot imagine what y'all are going through, but I'm awed by the way y'all are facing it. I think it's great that y'all are spending so much time traveling, spending quality family time and focusing on "quality of life". We should all live like that everyday, but often wait until we're faced with something like this. I want y'all to know that y'all will continue to be in my and Jen's prayers and we pray for Kristin's total healing. My prayer for you is continued strength and don't forget that you've got us if you need anything.

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

Praying for y’all!!!

Comment

Prayers up for you, your wife and family

Comment

prayers up

Comment

God bless

Comment

Prayers up for your the both of you and family

Comment

4 unchanged MRIs is definitely exciting!

How old is Kristen? My friend's dad is a 7 year survivor of GBM. He was dx when he was 57. The younger the dx the better the odds for long term survival.

I pray for loving kindness, grace, courage and strength for you and Kristen. May you have many more years together! May God bless you both.

Comment

Continued prayers for you, Kristin and the entire family. I can’t imagine what y'all are going through but you are to be commended by your faith and the way y'all are dealing with it. God bless.

Comment

Working...
                                X