Child support = depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ^^^ ??

Beware fellas, Texas will not visit custody without also visiting the money aspect. They won’t look at one without the other. Pandora’s box if you will. Much like the OP, when we got extended standard custody my support was also raised.

More time = more money!? Crazy. TEXAS is a mom state and hoses dads
    Last edited by JLivi1224; 01-09-2020, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
      How do you pay so much? The max in the state of Texas is 1840 for one kid?
      Beat me to it. Judges can award more usually it has to be special needs, exceptionally high income etc.

Comment

cheaper to just hide the body real good!

Comment

There is an old blues song that has a line “it’s cheaper to keep her”.

The divorce system is rigged to screw the man 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
            Ha! I pay $3k a month for 1 kid!! 1.5 years more and I get a nice raise!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
            How do you pay so much? The max in the state of Texas is 1840 for one kid?

Maybe he was his own lawyer in court

Comment

I paid CS for my 2 boys for about 12yrs. It was very very tough. I lived in a crappy travel trailer I paid 200/months just so I could live and see my kids every other week. I also had to drive 4hrs to see them. I never missed any of my wknd visits during that time. Man, it was tough, so much so that emotions are stirring up right now as I type this. To this day I don’t know how I made it to be honest, I only know I made through with a lot of prayer and by Grace.
              Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Gut wrenching man! Mine is 17, almost done with all the BS. You'll get through it, prayers for you!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Maybe he was his own lawyer in court

If that's the case, he should fire his attorney!!

Comment

Texas is slow when it comes to paperwork but very fast when it comes to picking up dads that are behind on child support. I was a jail deputy for Brazos county and had quite a few dads that had been locked up. Granted some of these men were dead beat dads that were only a dad biologically; however, some of these men were working two jobs and still got slammed. I was shocked when I found out that even when your locked up your child support continues to accumulate.
                    Another true story: way back in the 90,s a friend of mine knocked up a woman 10 years his junior so he married her. Marriage lasted about five years. She got child support and went on to marry the heir apparent of Country Boy sausage.
                    She drove a new duelly, had everything she wanted.
                    My friend was reduced to driving throw away cars. He would buy one and literally leave it where it broke down at. Did that for years while he had two dead beat daughters sponging off of him. He died at 65.

Comment

1st thing my Attorny did was say to me was “ quite trying to make sense of any of this, because it’s the legal system and most of it doesn’t make any sense, and never will have any common sense, so quit trying to think it out “
                      Sorry to hear about your frustration

Comment

Don't look at it as "child support" because we all know the majority doesn't go to the kids...Look at it as money well spent so you don't have to put up with the #%@#$ that is hosing you

Comment

Ridiculous man. It seems the man always gets the shaft when it comes to that.

Comment

Including insurance I pay $2050.00 a month. 4.5 more yrs for me.

Comment

Pretty simple 20% first child and 5% for each child after the first. If you are paying more than that then you should've done your homework. I paid it for years and now have daughters with deadbeat exe's so I see both sides.

Comment

Go try to get custody and then get paid back!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X