X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man o man. Prayers for a full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

WOW! Prayers for your recovery and thanks that it was not worse, as it well could have been.

Comment

Dang sir, you bounce well!! Glad you are going to be ok. 23' is nosebleed height for me.

Comment

Prayers up for a speedy recovery. Let us know if you need anything

Comment

Prayers sent .

Comment

Prayers for a full recovery and thank GOD you survived..
              I've been contemplating going strictly ground blinds after a near miss this season plus my 54 year old bones couldn't handle falling from the heights that I hunt at...
              This post made my mind up.. I'm grounded...

Comment

Prayers for a quick and full recovery.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    Prayers for a full recovery and thank GOD you survived..
                    I've been contemplating going strictly ground blinds after a near miss this season plus my 54 year old bones couldn't handle falling from the heights that I hunt at...
                    This post made my mind up.. I'm grounded...
                    Man, I may go the same route going forward. The past few days has gave me plenty of time to think about a whole lot of things. When I hit the ground my mind was racing. It was racing thinking about all of the things in my life that were gonna change if I was paralyzed or worse dead. In those few moments deer hunting never came up. I thought about my wife, kids and family. I thought about the grandkids I don't have yet and I thought about all the pain I would be causing so many people. I'll probably still use some treestands but only with every piece of safety equipment possible. And I never ever want to hit the ground that hard again. It hurt like he77. I'm in some serious pain. This sucks. Just not climbing trees may be my path too. Thanks for your comment.

Comment

Prayers for your recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
                        Man, I may go the same route going forward. The past few days has gave me plenty of time to think about a whole lot of things. When I hit the ground my mind was racing. It was racing thinking about all of the things in my life that were gonna change if I was paralyzed or worse dead. In those few moments deer hunting never came up. I thought about my wife, kids and family. I thought about the grandkids I don't have yet and I thought about all the pain I would be causing so many people. I'll probably still use some treestands but only with every piece of safety equipment possible. And I never ever want to hit the ground that hard again. It hurt like he77. I'm in some serious pain. This sucks. Just not climbing trees may be my path too. Thanks for your comment.
                        Thank you for yours.. I know the feelings you where having because I've been there on a smaller scale.. About 20 years ago, on one very cold morning in Brady, I lost my footing and fell backwards while getting out of a 8 foot tripod. I fell approx 7 feet but landed on my shoulder blades with my feet straight up in the air. I hit so hard one of my knees hit me in the face.. I heard and felt numerous cracks and pops.. It was before daylight and I laid there in the cold and dark without being able to feel my legs.. I thought "ok this is it. I've broke my dang back"!!! I started getting angry. Many things ran through my head. None good.. Eventually my legs started hurting, like they were both asleep, and the feeling came back but it took a while.. I was lucky that time. According to the Dr., based on my symptoms, I had narrowly avoided severe spinal cord damage.. I can't imagine falling 23 feet.. 7 was plenty bad..

Comment

Wow. Sorry to hear this. I sure hope you heal completely and quickly.

Not to make this about myself but I too, have fallen and it is no picnic. I still bear the scars of a limb contacting my face and 66 stiches. Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

Comment

prayers sent for recovery! Glad you are still around to tell your story!!

Comment

Hate to hear that!!

Comment

Prayers up for you brother!! I too always just climb up tripods without harnesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X