Towing Question??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing Question??????

Can you legally pull a boat behind your travel trailer in Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes depending on total length

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
      Yes depending on total length
      What’s total length

Comment

65 ft for three vehicle combination.

Comment

All of this information can be found on the website for the Tx Dept. of Motor Vehicles. Here's a link to one of their online brochures.

If, for some reason, the link doesn't work, go to their home page and do a search for "Length Limits for Vehicles and Vehicle Combinations."

Comment

I think I would be over 65. It would be real close. Will have to measure to be sure.

Comment

Well looks like I’d be somewhere close to 71 feet after measuring all three. Guess I won’t be doing it.

Comment

71ft is tough and to think you were considering it. You have some big ones. Huevos de la Kruppa es grande!

Comment

Back in the mid 90s, I was heading back into New Braunfels from Sattler on 306. I came upon a large diesel pusher RV on the side of the road, heading towards Sattler. It was towing a trailer that had a Jeep Grand Cherokee on it, then behind that trailer, there was a trailer with two expensive Harleys on it, then behind that, was a boat on a trailer.

The reason it was on the side of the road, it had a fire, that started in the front of the RV and worked it's way towards the back. Set off three propane bottles, about the time it was completely burning from end to end. Then shortly afterwards, the Jeep caught on fire. I really wished I had a video camera, and time to stick around and watch the rest of the show, but I had things to do. So I don't know if the Harleys and the boat went up too. Nobody was making any attempt at disconnecting any trailers. I am sure they was one hell of a insurance payout on that deal.

I have never seen anyone pulling three trailers tied end to end, more so, behind a RV, till that day. I don't know how legal it was, but he made it almost to Sattler, from somewhere, don't have a clue where they were from.
                  Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-07-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Correction on that post, it was a double decker trailer behind the RV, that had the Jeep and the Harleys on one trailer. I think the Jeep was on the bottom with the Harleys on the top. I was sure, I saw the Harleys on fire also. Which I did. I don't know how long that whole deal was, but I am sure, he was probably wishing, he was not pulling those trailers loaded down with toys that day. My may have lost off of his toys, in one afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                      Well looks like I’d be somewhere close to 71 feet after measuring all three. Guess I won’t be doing it.
                      . Come on. How many great stories start with “ok, so I was following all the rules....”.

Comment

I know right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Question is, can you back it down the boat ramp without taking up all 3 lanes of a 2 lane ramp?

Comment

Pulled a 5th wheel and boat for years. Won a free camping night at koa in Texarkana for the longest rig 72 ft I believe. Never was stopped or measured. Lucky I guess.

Comment

Its just 6 extra feet. Cant hurt much.

Comment

Working...
                              X