RSatt Ronnie Satterfield Has Gone to Be With God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSatt Ronnie Satterfield Has Gone to Be With God

My dearest friend went to be with God last night at 11:45 p.m. The family asked that all of his close family and friend be notified prior to making it public, so I have waited on posting. I have been in contact with Trent, Shane and Shelley. I know Trent, but never have spoken with Shane and Shelley even though I have heard much about them as well as his beautiful wife Debbie, Scott and his other grandchildren. I had the pleasure of speaking with Shelley and Shane today under difficult circumstances and they are just as wonderful as Ronnie!

Ronnie has been my friend since 2003 and we met here on TBH. He asked my entire family, including our lab, out to Cotulla to hunt during Spring Break after the Lone Star Bowhunter's Banquet in Corpus Christi. Even though we lived miles and miles away, we always tried to find time to meet up between Hooks and Santa Fe. Ronnie hunted 80 miles from our lease, so we sometimes saw each other then. Just last year, he and Trent came over to visit with us at the lease!! I have so many stories to tell of what a great, generous and genuine man that he was and how much he loved and cherished his family and friends.

Visitation will be Wednesday and the funeral on Thursday at the Chapelwood Funeral Home in Nash Texas. The family is meeting with the pastor tomorrow to finalize everything. More than likely, visitation will begin at 5:00 or 6:00 on Wednesday and services will be at 10:00 a.m. and on Thursday. The family is trying to make it convenient for everyone traveling. I will post up final details as soon as I get them.

The family has requested pics of Ronnie and his friends to use for a slideshow presentation during the service. Please post all your pics on this thread and the family can choose which ones they use, but they will have all of them.

I cannot believe that my friend is gone from this Earth, but I am so happy that he is pain free and rejoicing in Heaven with God.

Please post up your pics and stories about your times with Ronnie!!

God speed, Ronnie!! You, my friend, were the BEST person anyone could ever meet and I am most grateful to have called you my friend!

My stories will come later after I regroup...

Much love, hugs and prayers to the Satterfield family!!! Lotta good folks here!!
    Last edited by Hot4huntin; 06-07-2015, 03:29 PM.

Ronnie’s phrase was always “Lotta good folks here”. Well, he would know….he was certainly at the top of the list. True heart of gold that would drive all over Texas to do a TBH Express. He was also incredibly nice to invite quite a few TBH’ers to Cotulla to hunt with him….including me during a difficult time in my life. My trip to Cotulla was just what the doctor ordered….fun, laughter, and stress free with him and Gary.

Ronnie was definitely one of the most thoughtful and positive people on TexasBowhunter.com. We will miss you tremendously, RSATT.

Shane, Ronnie’s son, has requested that in lieu of flowers, any donations be made to the LSBA to be used for their Youth Program. Ronnie has had a big hand in Youth Archery and the family would like to see that program continue.

The LSBA PayPal address is paypal@lonestarbowhunter.com. Please note "In Memory of Ronnie Satterfield" so the funds are directed to the right account.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
      Shane, Ronnie’s son, has requested that in lieu of flowers, any donations be made out to the LSBA to be used for their Youth Program. Ronnie has had a big hand in Youth Archery and the family would like to see that program continue.
      Simply NOT SURPRISED at all! Just another Rsatt type of decision. Let me know how to contribute? Just a sad day! I need to look for my pics.......wow.........just a shocking loss.
      Last edited by Landrover; 06-07-2015, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Irreplaceable. Rest in peace my friend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ronnie hanging at the Hilton tbh.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	24384341

Comment

Knew it was inevitable but so sad to hear Ronnie has passed. Won't be able to attend his services but I will keep the family and friends in my thoughts and prayers. God speed RSatt.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Sad to hear. Prayer for family and friends.

Comment

I'll be there for my friend come hell or high water.

Love you Ronnie

Comment

RIP Ronnie

Never met him but know he was well liked by many on here

Comment

Prayers lifted for a friend and an all around great human being. You will be missed Sir. God Speed.

Comment

Not the outcome for which we had all hoped. Ronnie will be missed greatly. A fine ambassador for our sport and community.

God Bless his family.

Comment

Sad deal. Prayers for his family and friends

Comment

I always liked reading his and others post about him. He was always helping a neighbor, friend, youth group etc. He was a true representative of the TBH family.
                          RIP

Comment

Rest in peace my friend... you will be missed.

I think I have a picture of him & Trent at my first "team Leander BBQ's" Wildman may some from there as well.

Comment

Vaya Con Dios Ronnie, green pastures and big bucks...

Comment

Working...
                              X