X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepared for Betrayal

Prepared for Betrayal
    Luke 22:1-13
    We’ve all experienced or witnessed betrayal at some point. And no example in the Bible illustrates the pain, guilt, and shame caused by that sin more clearly than the story of Judas.
    Chosen as one of the twelve, Judas was privileged. John 12:6 says that he was even granted the responsibility of maintaining the disciples’ money box. But that same verse reveals an important truth about Judas—he was a thief.
    John indicates greed was Judas’ weakness. After Mary had anointed the Lord’s feet, Judas complained, “Why was this perfume not sold for three hundred denarii and given to poor people?” (v. 5). The following verse, however, clarifies that he wanted the money only for himself. One can safely assume that if Judas had reached the point of stealing cash from Jesus’ supply, then his greed had gone unchecked for some time. That hidden sin was all Satan needed to interfere with his life. And once the Enemy stepped in, the disciple began “seeking a good opportunity” to betray Jesus (Luke 22:6).
    First Peter 5:8 says the Devil is like a “roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” And in Judas, Satan found a willing victim. If we’re honest with ourselves, each of us has a natural tendency toward sin.
    Daily communion with God keeps hidden sins from becoming greater problems. Left unchecked, the “roaring lion” will also come after us, no matter what our weakness may be. Ask the Lord to reveal any sins you need to confess. Deal with them today—don’t let sin lead you down the path of Judas.
    Dr. Stanley

Thanks for posting Bro Bill

Comment

Thanks Bro . Bill

Comment

Good one, Amen!

Comment

Let’s put our armor on and be a light today in a land needing the love of Jesus. Thanks for your post

Comment

Thank you sir. This really hit me hard this am. I've been betrayed by some that I thought were friends and had been having some really bad and toxic thoughts about it lately.

So much so that I couldn't even sleep last night. This will help me try to forgive.. I hope

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
              Thank you sir. This really hit me hard this am. I've been betrayed by some that I thought were friends and had been having some really bad and toxic thoughts about it lately.

So much so that I couldn't even sleep last night. This will help me try to forgive.. I hope

Let go! And let God!!

Comment

Thank you so much. As little as it seems your post means so much to me.

I've never been afraid of myself until recently. Not for what I'll do to myself but what I could do to others..

I'll continue praying and keeping my faith [emoji120].

Comment

Amen, thanks for posting

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                    Thank you so much. As little as it seems your post means so much to me.

I've never been afraid of myself until recently. Not for what I'll do to myself but what I could do to others..

I'll continue praying and keeping my faith [emoji120].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Amen

Comment

Up

Comment

Sin grows best in the darkness.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X