Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman Blind Leak

I have two Krivoman blinds.

The bottom of the window glass does not seal. Straight glass round blind. It has at least an 1/8” gap.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you correct it?

My plywood floor thanks you.

Take care.

Mike.

Mine didn't leak but I calked and did the rubber spray around mine and is tight as a drum.

God Bless
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
      Mine didn't leak but I calked and did the rubber spray around mine and is tight as a drum.

God Bless
      So you called the crack between the bottom glass and the blind and it closes tight? The calk did not stick to the glass after drying? Maybe I should put some Vaseline in the glass while applying the Calk?

Comment

I used a window gasket at the bottom of my windows.

Comment

Following this for solutions. My lease mate has a Krivoman blind that has always leaked some at the base of the windows.

Comment

Yep they leak!

Comment

Dang, have any of these blind owners contacted Mitch?
              Lotta money for a blind that leaks. Ive always wanted one of his blinds but never spent the cash on em. Hopefully he will chime in on this.

Comment

Mine always leaked and made a muddy musty mess inside the blinds.

Comment

I am always around so i usually see these threads pretty quick. On my older blinds i used a hinged window that closed up againt a flat window frame. But rain could get through it if i rains at the correct directions. I but it was hit or miss. I do not have any that leak but have seen some that did.

The newer blinds have a different window system in them. These windows are about the best window you can put in a blind. I also recessed the window i to the blind as well to prevent leaks. The windows i use now completely to themselves. They are also designed to take the waternfrom the glass and push it back out the front through weep holes. Sometimes those get clogged and may change that but that is their design.

So yes i tried to address everything i ever see wrong with my product over the last 12 years. Never perfect but getting there.

Rule #1. Never leave blind without opening vent. It has to be open to avoid moisture build up. This is usually the num1 reason people think it leaks. Not always but most common.

As for price, people are welcome to compair my blind prices to anyone out there that had hard sides and will last a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                    I have two Krivoman blinds.

The bottom of the window glass does not seal. Straight glass round blind. It has at least an 1/8” gap.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you correct it?

My plywood floor thanks you.

Take care.

Mike.

If they are the old style original windows that have no frame, you are never going to get them to stop leaking.

I assume your windows are just the pane of glass with the metal edging that has the 2 hinge pieces screwed to the inside. There is nothing at all to caulk on that style window and they will not seal tight at the bottom.

The solution it to put the “deluxe” windows in the blind instead. It is a full framed window that installs from the outside. That is the window you caulk. Your problem is 100% solved at that point. Costs you a little bit to get to windows but never have to worry about it again.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                      If they are the old style original windows that have no frame, you are never going to get them to stop leaking.

I assume your windows are just the pane of glass with the metal edging that has the 2 hinge pieces screwed to the inside. There is nothing at all to caulk on that style window and they will not seal tight at the bottom.

The solution it to put the “deluxe” windows in the blind instead. It is a full framed window that installs from the outside. That is the window you caulk. Your problem is 100% solved at that point. Costs you a little bit to get to windows but never have to worry about it again.
                      All my new blinds come with those standard now.

Comment

These are the deluxe windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                          All my new blinds come with those standard now.

I know that and that is awesome on your part but the original windows is what I was assuming he had. Which leaked like crazy. Always loved my 2 Krivomans but hated the original windows.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                            I know that and that is awesome on your part but the original windows is what I was assuming he had. Which leaked like crazy. Always loved my 2 Krivomans but hated the original windows.

We put the blind on the bare ground and that helped. The water leaked right into the dirt. No wet plywood floor.

Comment

I'm needing to pick up one of his new blinds soon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X