No announcement yet.

Elite Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot the Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews, and Elite. The Elite was much smoother. It lacks Bowtech speed, but it shoots like a dream.

Comment

I've shot all the new Mathews, Hoyt's, PSE's and one of the new Elite's in the past couple months. I was certain that shooting the Elite would convince me into buying one with all the TBH'er hype that I've read over the past several years. With that said, I was extremely disappointed especially in the draw cycle so it was my least favorite out of all of them.

Comment

They are nice shooting bows. I didn't like the big "dump" into the wall. I ended up setting the draw stops shorter where the draw stopped as soon as it hit the high let off zone and it was like shooting a different bow. I did not buy it however. Came close, but not... Elite does have the transferrable lifetime warranty and the Elite Promise going for it.

I bought a PSE Vendetta DC. About $400 less and honestly a smoother draw cycle.

If I was in the market right now, I'd probably buy the PSE Bow Madness 32.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Colwell View Post
          I've shot all the new Mathews, Hoyt's, PSE's and one of the new Elite's in the past couple months. I was certain that shooting the Elite would convince me into buying one with all the TBH'er hype that I've read over the past several years. With that said, I was extremely disappointed especially in the draw cycle so it was my least favorite out of all of them.

Just curious what model Elite bow you test drove ? was it properly tuned ?

After probably reading 5,000 + reviews on Elite bows since 2008 , you are the first person I've ever seen to rank the draw cycle dead last amongst the bows you shot . Drawing a 65# bow feels like you're pulling back 55# , and holding < 5#

the smooth draw cycle , solid back wall , and hold are what set this bow apart from others

if you didn't care for it, then I guess the smooth draw wasn't appealing to you

everyone has a different feel for bows and you have to shoot what's best for you

what bow did you end up buying ?

Comment

I just picked up my new e35 today love it .so smooth ,quiet and I like a bow that if you let it creep a little it doesn't wanna take off on you
            Last edited by teamtejas; 05-15-2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              Just curious what model Elite bow you test drove ? was it properly tuned ?

After probably reading 5,000 + reviews on Elite bows since 2008 , you are the first person I've ever seen to rank the draw cycle dead last amongst the bows you shot . Drawing a 65# bow feels like you're pulling back 55# , and holding < 5#

the smooth draw cycle , solid back wall , and hold are what set this bow apart from others

if you didn't care for it, then I guess the smooth draw wasn't appealing to you

everyone has a different feel for bows and you have to shoot what's best for you

what bow did you end up buying ?

It was the E32 or the E35 and I'm assuming it was tuned. When I said I was disappointed and ranked it dead last is bc I wasn't overly impressed in the draw cycle like people state on here in every post. Then add in the speed factor with it being among one of the slower bows or may have been the slowest. Throw in what I call the "bogus" warranty (won't go into detail here but you know what I'm referring to) and it puts it last on my list.

Actually, I'm still happy with what I've got so I walked out with nothing. I just was thinking I would fall in love with the Elite which I did not.

Now if you wanna talk about Fajita or Chili Seasoning. You got it going on and I would highly recommend everyone trying it. We absolutely love it but some may not. In fact, I need to place another order.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                They are nice shooting bows. I didn't like the big "dump" into the wall. I ended up setting the draw stops shorter where the draw stopped as soon as it hit the high let off zone and it was like shooting a different bow. I did not buy it however. Came close, but not... Elite does have the transferrable lifetime warranty and the Elite Promise going for it.

I bought a PSE Vendetta DC. About $400 less and honestly a smoother draw cycle.

If I was in the market right now, I'd probably buy the PSE Bow Madness 32.
                It was the E32 or the E35 and I'm assuming it was tuned. When I said I was disappointed and ranked it dead last is bc I wasn't overly impressed in the draw cycle like people state on here in every post. Then add in the speed factor with it being among one of the slower bows or may have been the slowest. Throw in what I call the "bogus" warranty (won't go into detail here but you know what I'm referring to) and it puts it last on my list.

Actually, I'm still happy with what I've got so I walked out with nothing. I just was thinking I would fall in love with the Elite which I did not.

Now if you wanna talk about Fajita or Chili Seasoning. You got it going on and I would highly recommend everyone trying it. We absolutely love it but some may not. In fact, I need to place another order.
                Exact reason why you should test ride all of them and not just choose bow "X". Like above I'm surprised you didn't like the draw cycle, but again bows feel different to everyone. Good luck and congrats on your new bow!

Comment

I hear ya brother and do concur that Elite bows are definitely not the fastest nor do they claim to be

Ive never been concerned with speed since I often stroll down "Memory Lane" when my 1990 PSE Mach Flight 4R , 28.5" / 82 # , 4" over-draw , 43" ATA, would spit 24" Easton 2213 Super Lites at a blistering 246 fps I killed a pirogue full of game back in the day and thought my bow was fast

Speed is nice but I'll choose a smooth draw and hold all day long over an extra 5 to 15 fps .

Rgarding that chili and fajita stuff , I hear it's pretty darn good

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                    Elites are fantastic bows but not speed bows. They are super smooth, easy to hold and very forgiving to shoot. If you are comparing an elite to a speed bow then yes they are slower. But, I can't imagine they are way slower than the flagship Mathews or Hoyt bows. All that being said, I don't care about speed. I carry a rangefinder and have a bunch of pins. Give me a yardage and a pin and I hit really well. Doesn't matter to me whether the arrow is going 260 fps or 290 fps.
                    Me either. Speed is overrated. I shoot a 600gr arrow out of my Elite's and they hit like a train. All about momentum for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
                      Me either. Speed is overrated. I shoot a 600gr arrow out of my Elite's and they hit like a train. All about momentum for me.
                      The drop and loss of kinetic energy surprised me.

Comment

I have an elite synergy. I absolutely love it. Smooth as silk.

Comment

My theory is if it's not fun to shoot meaning smooth then I'm not gonna shoot it much or practice like I should.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                            Is that an assumption or how did you measure that?

Comment

Elite Bows

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post

My e35 at 78# was only 12 fps slower than my Hoyt nitrum 34 at 80#. 12 fps is nothing. Why would it surprise you that a slower moving arrow loses KE and drops a little faster? That said my elite only dropped like 1.5 inches more than my hoyt at 40 yards and the KE lost will never be noticed.
                              Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 05-16-2015, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I have an E35. Its a tack driver when I do my part. What set it apart was the lack of handshock at the shot. I've had 5 prior Elites, but this one is by far the nicest, quietest, and easy shooting bow of the bunch. If you shoot one, be prepared to buy it that day.

Comment

Working...
                                X