Walk on hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk on hunts

So forgive my ignorance but I have read through the public hunting area of the TX parks and wildlife website and still don't know if there is walk on hunts for deer and pigs here in Texas. It appears there is areas that it can be done but all for these animals are a good ways from San Antonio. So I guess my questions still are

Are there walk on hunts ?

Has anyone done one ? ( with success ?)

Where did you do them ?

Am I way off ....all we have is the draw system here for the area you put in for ?

Sam Houston National Forest
    Buy your public land permit,wear an orange hat and vest walk in and hunt!
    There are many more public land areas in Texas just like this but this is probably the closest to you.
    It is hard hunting public land but it is very possible to be successful and very rewarding when you are.
    I harvest deer every season from public land.

Comment

Also check out the Public Hunting Opportunities forum here for a lot more areas and discussion about the areas.

Comment

Where orange overalls , cap, boots, gloves and socks.

Comment

You can walk-in hunt the Angelina National Forest without the $48 APH permit as long as you stay out of Bannister WMA; which is on the east side of Sam Rayburn Lake. If you purchase the $48 APH permit, TPWD will send you a book with all of the public hunting lands, including walk-in areas. A co-worker of mine walk-in hunts some pieces of public land that are usually limited to Dove Hunting only.

Comment

The dove hunting information is very well written. It's the bigger game I had questions about. Is there designated areas for parking/camping ? Since they are all good drives for me (for deer and pigs) I was hoping to get an idea of what was there. The above info is useful. Thanks

Comment

Look up Amistad national recreation area.

Comment

Working...
              X