Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    This:

Also, the stores up north used to have really good restaurants in them. And the bargain cave was a real bargain. I got Muck Boots one year for $25, originally over $100. And no, they didn't leak.
    Same here on bargain cave. My fire station is 15 minutes away from FW one and I stopped by regularly to go through bargain cave and got some great deals. Never go in now since they got rid of it, that and when I have gone in for items they haven't had them, duck season and no Marsh Mat for blind.

Can't wait for April to see what the new Scheel's is all about

Comment

Cabelas is just a tourist attraction now. No bargin cave, and more cabelas branded junk clothing than anything. You can find better deals for the same items at academy or online.

Comment

It's what hedge funds do, investors make piles of money and they move on. If someone else had thought it could be bought and make money they would have. Cabelas was on a trajectory to failure and this may have just expedited it. Not sure why they strayed away from catalog sales, it's what made them, and now with the power of the internet they would be massive and cranking along.....same thing with Gander Mountain, were great with catalog sales, failed miserably at retail stores. Many yrs ago I had boots shipped to me from cabelas to a hunt in Iowa and a pack delivered to a hunt in Utah, I had their phone number memorized !!

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
          Cabelas is just a tourist attraction now. No bargin cave, and more cabelas branded junk clothing than anything. You can find better deals for the same items at academy or online.
          I was in one today and was blown by the fact all the clothing is branded Red Head. That is sad as that brand if pure junk. Cabela’s used to have a better quality in their clothing line, hence, why I would order from them.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
            It's what hedge funds do, investors make piles of money and they move on. If someone else had thought it could be bought and make money they would have. Cabelas was on a trajectory to failure and this may have just expedited it. Not sure why they strayed away from catalog sales, it's what made them, and now with the power of the internet they would be massive and cranking along.....same thing with Gander Mountain, were great with catalog sales, failed miserably at retail stores. Many yrs ago I had boots shipped to me from cabelas to a hunt in Iowa and a pack delivered to a hunt in Utah, I had their phone number memorized !!
            Trajectory of failure???? 4 billion in sales with 1 billion in profit before being acquired. Not sure if that is what I would call a trajectory of failure.

Comment

Originally posted by RickH78 View Post
              I did pretty much the same as you. Cabelas for hunting gear and Bass Pro for fishing. To me Bass pro couldn't hold a candle to Cabelas in hunting clothes and gear but they had a great fishing selection.
              Yup and now they both suck for both.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                Trajectory of failure???? 4 billion in sales with 1 billion in profit before being acquired. Not sure if that is what I would call a trajectory of failure.
                Holy crap. You saying they are netting 25 percent? Where did you find those numbers?

Comment

They don't have a bargain cave anymore F....that.

Comment

The new Scheels store in The Colony should give BassPro some good competition. Heard good things about Scheels and ordered from them online a few times. Still being built but it's huge. Be nice to have some variety in DFW.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Holy crap. You saying they are netting 25 percent? Where did you find those numbers?

I think that was mentioned in the video..

Comment

Cabelas should've kept to catalogs and online sales. You can't compete nowadays if you put the masses through unspeakable torture of actually going to a store, especially if the products are more expensive. I remember the big book with all kinds of good stuff in it. Now you can order the same old junk online and never even get dressed! Went to the League City location. What a joke. Might as well go to Academy, they still have a great return policy.

Comment

Working...
                        X