Any human resource people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any human resource people?

Question. My employer is trying to keep me around by offering a large to me step up in pay and more training that could lead to more pay. He said they do not have this in contract form for that type of endeavor. Is his email stating all of what he offers binding? I also have a written offer of employment to another company but much less pay.

Can’t you call your Human Resources dept if you have one to reference?

Comment

i'm not in human resources. I would have the complete offer in very fine detail written up and notorized. Copy for you, copy for the company, copy for your attorney.

Also, money isn't everything. I assume you're not happy w/ your current employer, hence looking for other employment. Would a pay increase make up for a bad boss/environment? Only you can answer that. I go by a bs/pay ratio which has to stay even. For 30k a year, I'm not going to put up with a crap job/boss/policies/etc.. but for 100k, I would be able to put up with just about anything.. it's all about where you feel comfortable within that ratio..

may not be much help at all, but that's my .02. Good luck!

Comment

If you've already found another job, there must be something at this one that made you look.

Is more responsibility and more money going to make that thing go away?

Comment

Another thing to think about, how much more responsibility comes with that pay bump? Will you need to be available 24/7? There goes any semblance of a vacation, and hunting trips with no cell service.

Like others said, you started looking elsewhere for a reason. Don't stick around if you don't like the job.

Comment

Working...
          X