Glock 48 or 43x opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
    Son-n-law has a shield. I will let her try it also. She would like a .45 but with her size, she not going to hide it.
    If you can, try the Sig 938. I've had both and like the Sig better. My normal carry is a Glock though.

Comment

Unless she’s used to shooting a gun with a manual safety also look at the Sig P365 over the 938.

I know you said single stack but the 365 has the same or slightly smaller footprint than the 43 with double the ammo capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought my wife a 43 and looked hard at the 43x. While the X gives you more magazine capacity and a little more grip area, at the end of the day I wanted some a little more "concealable".
        I have had her out shooting it at the range on a regular basis and she really likes it. I was never a Glock fan only because I had never owned one. I am more of a 1911 guy but the owner of the gun shop I went to talked me into the 43 over the P365. He used to shoot competitively for Glock so obviously he is partial to them.
        For overall simplicity I decided on the 43.

Comment

Glock 48 or 43x opinions

I carry the 43x and Sig P365. I am not a Glock fan but I do like the 43X...only because Shield Arms makes a flush fit 15rd mag for it. I prefer the size and shootability of the P365 but the 15rd capacity of the 43x makes it a good carry option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            I prefer the Glocks, but another bonus of the Shield is that you can get one for under $200 right now.
            I love the 42, and considering a new gun for my daughter. Was thinking 43
            Shield has safety? Where is it sold less than 2 bills ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Unless she’s used to shooting a gun with a manual safety also look at the Sig P365 over the 938.

I know you said single stack but the 365 has the same or slightly smaller footprint than the 43 with double the ammo capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              I'm completely happy with my recent 365xl purchase.
              That gun feels right and carries well.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                I love the 42, and considering a new gun for my daughter. Was thinking 43

Shield has safety? Where is it sold less than 2 bills ?

Several places online have the Gen 1 shield safety or non for at or under $250, plus S&W is currently offering a $50 rebate.

Comment

The way these guns operate now, I fail to see the need for a manual safety for an adult.

Comment

Glock 48 or 43x opinions

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    The way these guns operate now, I fail to see the need for a manual safety for an adult.

I’m with ya. No need on a striker fired pistol.

Comment

Glock 48 or 43x opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Comment

Qualified with my 48 about half a year ago. Great gun for me to conceal (I’m 6’1). But I would like a 43x or 43 slide for little lighter weight. For a smaller frame, I wouldn’t mind a 43 with an extension. That is probably a better bet for someone with smaller hands that don’t really need the extra grip length of a 43x/48.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
                          I carry the 43x and Sig P365. I am not a Glock fan but I do like the 43X...only because Shield Arms makes a flush fit 15rd mag for it. I prefer the size and shootability of the P365 but the 15rd capacity of the 43x makes it a good carry option.

Do you actually have a 15rd? I’ve yet to see them get to anyone. I’m waiting for one for my 48

Comment

Any 43X owners having issues with the gun hitting left? I shoot my 43X slightly high left. I figured it was just me, but have read a few reviews where others were having the same issue with the 43x even after changing out sights.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                              Son-n-law has a shield. I will let her try it also. She would like a .45 but with her size, she not going to hide it.

Take a look at the Glock 36

Single stack 45

Not much bigger than a 43 (but it is a little bigger)

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by nandosubia View Post
                                Qualified with my 48 about half a year ago. Great gun for me to conceal (I’m 6’1). But I would like a 43x or 43 slide for little lighter weight. For a smaller frame, I wouldn’t mind a 43 with an extension. That is probably a better bet for someone with smaller hands that don’t really need the extra grip length of a 43x/48.

who did that stipple?

Im really wanting a 48 but put a 19 together for CC just in time for the 48 to come out

Comment

Working...
                                X