Glock 48 or 43x opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock 48 or 43x opinions

Looking at getting one of these for my daughter for a LTC gun. Does anybody own one or have shot one of them yet. Both are 9mm. Trying to get her to take a look at them this weekend and see what she thinks. If she likes either or both, I will look for a place that has them to rent so she can try them out.

They're both great. I'd probably go with the x because it's slightly more concealable without sacrificing functionality and accuracy

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Any reason for the 43x over the 43 for her? The 43 will conceal easier.

The 43x and 48 should have the same grip length so they will conceal almost identical. I got the 48 for myself and love it but my wife can’t conceal it well with everyday wear. She has a 42. She’s pretty small though

Comment

I just bought the 43x and shot it and qualified with it yesterday. It is an approved duty weapon for us and of course an approved back up gun. It is a tremendous little gun. I have carried a Glock 27 for off duty and office work days for the last 11 years. I like the 43x a lot better. The slimmer frame gives me a better purchase on the gun and there is very very little recoil with the 9mm. The magazines are 10 round magazines but will hold and will function properly with 11 rounds in them. I don't advise carrying 11 in it since they are made to hold 10 but just food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

The 43x and 48 should have the same grip length so they will conceal almost identical. I got the 48 for myself and love it but my wife can’t conceal it well with everyday wear. She has a 42. She’s pretty small though
          Just personal preference. The x has a longer grip and I think helps with accuracy, while still having the slim frame and slide. You're right about all that. I just prefer shorter frames for concealing vs grip length. But I appendix carry. You can't really go wrong with any of
          them

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Only two I have seen. Trying to stay single stack so the grip is not oversized. I don’t know anything on Glocks. I prefer XD for myself but she doesn’t like the grip on my XDS.

Probably look at others also. Need dummy proof. Would go to a revolver if I could get her to carry it. She doesn’t like them.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
              Only two I have seen. Trying to stay single stack so the grip is not oversized. I don’t know anything on Glocks. I prefer XD for myself but she doesn’t like the grip on my XDS.

Probably look at others also. Need dummy proof. Would go to a revolver if I could get her to carry it. She doesn’t like them.
              The regular 43 is single stack also just with a shorter grip. You should take her to try them as I can say my wife couldn’t conceal a 43x frame worth a crap unless she changed how she dresses. The 42 she has is even smaller but it’s 380. They all shoot really well

Comment

Not sure if it is an option but, may want to check out the shield 9mm. Wife tends to shoot the shield better than the Glock 43x.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas007 View Post
                  Not sure if it is an option but, may want to check out the shield 9mm. Wife tends to shoot the shield better than the Glock 43x.
                  100% agree

Comment

Glock 48 or 43x opinions

I have the 43 with an extended grip/mag, and a shield 40. My wife and I both prefer the shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-22-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Son-n-law has a shield. I will let her try it also. She would like a .45 but with her size, she not going to hide it.

Comment

My brother has the 43X and I like it, he looked at a few different pistols and ended up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                          Trying to get her to take a look at them this weekend and see what she thinks. If she likes either or both, I will look for a place that has them to rent so she can try them out.

This is the best advice in the whole thread. If you do this, you'll find the best gun for your daughter.

Comment

Don’t know a lot about the Glocks but I love my Sig 938

Comment

I prefer the Glocks, but another bonus of the Shield is that you can get one for under $200 right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X