No announcement yet.

Amber Guyger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying for the deceased family, officer and Dallas community. Grace and justice and comfort.

Comment

I haven't been following this closely at all but from the little I have gathered it seems:

1) She walked into the wrong apartment
      2) Shot and killed the individual living in the apartment by accident

If that is the scenario how is she not being charged to the fullest? Does claim by accident reduce the charges? Once again, haven't been following it much but curious if there is more crucial details to the story that someone looking from a 10k foot view is missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        You do understand, technically she was off duty... she just happened to have cop training.

I hope you can take something to get over your sickness.
        I take a big spoonful of civil liberties every morning to help me cope with it.

I don’t think she is guilty of murder, but if she walks, I’d hope that any reasonable person would be very disappointed.

She walked into this guys house and ended his life while he sat on the couch enjoying a bowl of ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
          If’n I remember correctly, her team had served a high risk warrant earlier thar day with SWAT.

The daily stress, along with adrenaline dumps, would , in my opinion, make it easier to be/get distracted.. she prolly wanted to get home, out of uniform, and relax.

I hope that makes sense.
          she wanted to ride that fella she was texting like sea biscuit

Comment

If nothing else she should get 50 years for being a dumb Muther F$&@#%r!!!!!

Can you imagine, you are home in your apartment sitting in your lazy boy, TV tray in front of you with dinner on it and you got the ball game on and next thing you know someone yells let me see your hands, then boom boom. Horrible just horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
              I don’t see how she’s not guilty of manslaughter!

In her defense I’ve done something similar at a hotel, I got off on the wrong floor walked to what what I thought was my room. As I was walking in the cleaning lady was walking out. I go in and turn on the tv, open the mini fridge to get a beer.....”hey, that dam cleaning lady stole my beer!” Then I notice that my suitcase looks different....y’all can figure out the rest of the story.
              I thought the same thing until manslaughter was thoroughly explained to me.. seems like criminal negligence would the proper charge..

Comment

I haven't followed to close but from reading the thread I would say barely not guilty on murder. I know that is like being pregnant as you either are or you're not but I think it is really close since she didn't render aid (cpr, call 911, etc.). I say definitely guilty of manslaughter and because of barely being not guilty of murder I would give her the max penalty of manslaughter.

It may not be relevant to some but I have a couple of questions I truly don't know the answer to that I think are similar, especially for the not guilty folks:

If I live in a subdivision and fire a round straight up in the air, say to celebrate 4th of July, and it hits and kills a kid on the way down innocently watching fireworks would I be charged with anything? If so, this should be the absolute minimum she is found guilty of as I would have a lot more compassion for the person in this situation than her. I don't necessarily think there was intent but someone is dead...so if you say she is not guilty, would you not charge me in this situation?

If I'm driving home from work late at night and get in a wreck that is my fault and I kill someone, what would I be charged with? I didn't have intent but someone is dead...so if you say she is not guilty would you not charge me in this situation? Again, this should be the absolute minimum she is charged with.

If I go out and have 3 beers (not drunk but as the commercials say buzzed driving is drunk driving) and then get in a wreck and kill someone what would I be charged with? I didn't mean to kill anyone. I made a mistake that could have and should have been avoided but I could argue 3 beers didn't affect me enough to kill someone. But someone is dead...if you say she isn't guilty would you not charge me in this situation? This is the verdict and punishment I think would be most appropriate as the 2 equate in my mind as far as it being accidental but 100% avoidable.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                  Every single time you stop a threat you are shooting to kill. Shooting someone in the leg only happens in the movies. Even in a CC class they teach you you shoot until the threat is stopped.

I think having her on stand was genius. If you heard her tell the story you could tell she was not lying. No one is that good of an actor.

Everyone knows she was shooting to kill that is not what she is on trial about.
                  Not true. Shooting someone in the leg or away from vital organs is a way to neutralize without it being fatal. A head shot would be hard to council against but a chest shot would be a better option. My only point was the terminology. If in your mind you have determined to kill someone even in self defense you have to be careful on how to state that in court. The prosecution would spin it that you did not retreat and do everything possible to avoid a fatal shooting. You are not judge, jury and executioner just because someone is in your house committing a crime. Shooting someone is a felony without amnesty and that is why she is on trial to determine the amnesty did she have cause to shoot and kill a man in his own apartment even though she thought she was in her own. I think in her mind she was not trying to commit murder.

Comment

Okay, not much to time to type, but who, here, right at this moment feels that she is Guilty, with the jury still out? And I will go ahead and post the rest of it, as I want be back on the computer for a bit as I am headed to the Foreclosure Auction at the courthouse to try and pick-up some properties.

If you are publicly saying she is guilty, then you are probably not a proponent of the U.S. Constitution, where one is considered innocent until PROVEN guilty by a jury of your peers. Oops, wife is hollering me we need to go, so don't beat me up to bad, just my thoughts on the whole situation.

As for me, bad situation, but I don't know if she is guilty or not, as I am not charged with the duties of a juror.

Comment

[QUOTE=jds247;14403570]If I was on the jury the part that would stick with me was trying to cover it up and not doing cpr

I haven't been following as closely as others, but this is the part that gets to me. I am sure as a police officer she is CPR certified, why did she do nothing to help him after realizing her mistake?
                      Why were the responding officers covered in blood and she was spotless?
                      Her failure to render aid is the most disturbing to me & is what makes me question her side of the story.

Comment

[QUOTE=DFWPI;14403651If you are publicly saying she is guilty, then you are probably not a proponent of the U.S. Constitution, where one is considered innocent until PROVEN guilty by a jury of your peers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah not so much, in this situation the OP is asking us from the evidence we know, to act "hypothetically" as a juror.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                          Two question

1. What do you think the outcome will be?

2. What do you you thing it should be?

I’m gonna say not guilty on both since I don’t think she was charged correctly
                          1. Hopefully guilty.

2. Absolutely guilty. ZERO excuse for breaking into someones house and shooting them. Period.

Comment

In the end, it will only take 1 juror to say not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I think she will walk but she will never be free of this event.

Comment

Crazy how many people think they are so smart and pay so much attention that they would never make the mistake of going into the wrong apartment..

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                                In the end, it will only take 1 juror to say not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I think she will walk but she will never be free of this event.
                                This is part of why I think she won’t be convicted, they don’t have to convince all 12, just 1. And again she didn’t commit anything she is charged with.. morally I think she should do time but I believe the jury needs to follow the law not what they think..

Comment

Working...
                                X