Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    Sexting?
    She was sexting him as she pulled into the parking garage...she went to the wrong level, because she was distracted by the sexting....hence walked into the wrong apartment, which all looked identical....
    As she walks up to the door it is ajar and she whips out her gun thinking someone broke in....a large black man appears and she shoots....

I can see how it happened...but she didn't murder him.... manslaughter...probably 10 years or so....

Comment

It’s tough but I just don’t see how it’s possible to be that distracted. IMO man slaughter should be a guilty verdict.

Comment

Something to ponder .... Guyger was officially “off duty”. She entered the wrong apartment as a “normal citizen”, and she is being judged as a police officer. Remove the uniform and view her actions as the average person who F’d up and shot an innocent man.

Upon entering the apartment, Guyger never once identified herself as an officer. She got startled and immediately fired 2 rounds. Additionally, she had medical supplies in her bag and failed to administer CPR or first aid to the dying man. When realizing she made a horrible mistake, she called a fellow officer and asked him to help cover it up.

I could see Guyger being charged with voluntary manslaughter (8-10 years). She’ll serve 5 and get out on good behavior. She took a life. Of that there is no doubt. A price has to be paid.

Comment

I walked into the wrong apartment one day, completely sober, in broad daylight....me and the dog both. It scared the hell out of me, I'm glad no one inside was armed.

Comment

If she is found innocent I hope the fire trucks are gassed up and the "all call" button is functional..

I know exactly what I would want the verdict to be if that was my son.. She wouldn't like it..

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I walked into the wrong apartment one day, completely sober, in broad daylight....me and the dog both. It scared the hell out of me, I'm glad no one inside was armed.
              Sorry but I don't even know how it would be possible for a sober person to do that..

If you shoot a unarmed person in "YOUR" home you still stand a very good chance of going to prison much less shooting a unarmed person in THEIR own home...

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Sorry but I don't even know how it would be possible for a sober person to do that.. ..

I’ve done it drunk...

But I actually had someone in college try to get in my duplex with their key and bang on the door when it wouldn’t open. So I can see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                  With the mistake of fact in play thinking in her mind it was her apartment the castle doctrine would apply. Don't see how it could be a murder charge. Think she will get a guilty manslaughter charge though.
                  With the “mistake of fact” being put in place changes this whole ordeal.
                  If defense convinced the jury she truly made a mistake by going into that apartment, and they truly believe that she truly believed she was in her apartment, then castle doctrine comes into play. By both of the items coming into play, and the jury truly believes she thought she was in her apartment, then she’ll be found not guilty. It’d be the same as you walking into your apartment and shooting someone. (I know, a bit confusing and odd but that’s how “matter of fact” combined with “castle doctrine” work out in this particular scenario)
                  If the jury doesn’t believe she truly believed she was in her apartment, she’ll get manslaughter.

Comment

Verdict will be Not Guilty of Murder, but Guilty of Manslaughter and there will still be riots in the streets of Dallas because people think she should get Murder.
                    This one is on the DA for bringing that charge against her.

Comment

The defense brought in a ton of residents who stated they had made similar mistakes. I’ve had a person mistakenly walk into my hotel room, and I’ve gotten into the wrong car before. I think a lot of people can recount similar experiences. She just happened to be a police officer who’s first instinct would be to start giving orders and then protect herself. There is no proof that she knew him, so there’s no motive for her to murder him. It was a crazy chain of events that led to the killing of an innocent man. If the jury follows the law then she’s not guilty, but I think she’ll be convicted of manslaughter, and I don’t really have an issue with that.

Comment

Sorry but I don't even know how it would be possible for a sober person to do that..

If you shoot a unarmed person in "YOUR" home you still stand a very good chance of going to prison much less shooting a unarmed person in THEIR own home...

The Ranger testified, during his investigation, that 90 residents have wound up on the wrong parking level, and 23% of residents went to the wrong door.

So, it’s not impossible. Or rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just curious, how long have worn a 10 lbs. badge on your chest?

And how many high risk warrants served?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                            Just curious, how long have worn a 10 lbs. badge on your chest?

And how many high risk warrants served?
                            How do these 2 questions pertain to this case in anyway shape or form??
                            Was she serving a "high risk" warrant?? No..

Comment

It was a accident that resulted in a person being killed. Does she have to pay for her actions I personally believe so but that’s not for me to decide.

Comment

The only person in this case that was protected by the castle law is dead now... It was his castle not hers.. I'm not sure what all the confusion is about..

I guess it boils down to wether or not you believe her story..

Comment

Working...
                                X