Sous Vide beef ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide beef ribs

i have ask before so i will try again. Anyone done this?

Seeing as I suck at ribs I'm in to see how they turn out.
    Unfortunately my stove top souse vide rig probably won't let me do a whole rack, at least not without cutting them up.

Comment

since no response this is my tactic. salt, pepper, garlic, 145 degrees for 36 hours. proof will be tomorrow evening.

Comment

I've SV'd just about everything but have yet to try beef ribs. I'm sure they'll be awesome. How would you finish them though? I can't have beef ribs without that smoky bark!

EDIT I saw an awesome recipe for some short ribs the other day but I ain't got 48 hours to spend on ribs! To me, rib smokin' is more like a Sunday afternoon baseball and 6 pack of beer activity

Comment

y

Comment

Watching this, as I have tried a few things with mine, and I just don't care for it. But will keep trying, unless some ones looking for an ANOVA sous vide.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              Watching this, as I have tried a few things with mine, and I just don't care for it. But will keep trying, unless some ones looking for an ANOVA sous vide.
              Stop soaking your meat in water then! Nobody likes SV tofu!

Comment

I Sous vide beef ribs at 140 for 40 hours, chill in fridge overnight and then reheat on my smoker at 250 till i get back to 140 IT remove and sear with pear burner. Got to be really careful when searing with a pear burner or your kill the ribs and all your work.

Comment

i will cook them for about 30 minutes 325 to 350 on my egg after i SV them. not looking for heavy smoke on them.

Comment

I've done them and really have liked them. We did short ribs for 72 hrs at 140 - 145. I have finished them in a deep fryer and I have also finished them in a cast iron skillet. I have liked both methods. I usually season them with just salt and pepper.

Comment

24 hours into cook. 12 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        Stop soaking your meat in water then! Nobody likes SV tofu!
                        Exactly, it does kinda remind me of that, minus the bleached out slimmy, taste less part And it does retain blood. You a soaker, looking for a sous vide, make ya a deal.
                        Last edited by critter69; 10-13-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          Exactly, it does kinda remind me of that, minus the bleached out slimmy, taste less part And it does retain blood. You a soaker, looking for a sous vide, make ya a deal.
                          The first couple of times I used mine I thought for certain I had ruined some good meat! After searing and eating I changed my mind!

Which unit do you have and what do you want for it? I know of another TBH’er who was talking about getting one.

Comment

My ribs came out fantastic. Super tender.

Comment

Originally posted by PROLINE19 View Post
                              My ribs came out fantastic. Super tender.
                              Where are the pics??

Come on man!!

Comment

Working...
                              X