Just shot a Buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Might be more of a help if you read the thread before posting... I'm just sayin'...
    You can kiss my
    Last edited by live2hunt65; 11-07-2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Congrats good looking deer

Comment

still in for the full story on this one -- when the adrenaline wears off hook us up!

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
          still in for the full story on this one -- when the adrenaline wears off hook us up!
          Yes waiting on a few more pictures from blood tracker Clark! He's got his pup on a track already this morning!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck!

Comment

Sweet. Congrats on finding him

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Ok everyone here's the write up!
                  Before I start, I just like to say thank to all the great folks here on tbh. it's been a great year so far and I have a feeling things are just fireing up! Well this deer I've been after him since the start up of bow season. he's been on camera a few time and mostly in the late evening after light, and on two occasions at last light, where I was able to draw back on him but still not enough light to see my PIN! Well that happen twice and I thought, hey he will be back possibly with a cold front get him coming in a little bit earlyer. Well fast forward to yesterday morning, woke up at 530 threw on my camo and hit the button on the pot of coffee. Got my son up and ready for school. his sister was going to take him, since I'm on vacation and like to get in my stand before light, they usually leave the house by 7 or 715. I got in the stand at 6 and was enjoying a slight wind from the perfect direction. It was very peaceful out and hearing the woods come alive just starts your day off positive! My feeder is set for 7, this deer stepped out at first light over my left shoulder and was somewhat hidden behind a few bushes. I knew he was coming straight to my feeder! I picked up the binos to take a quick look, I could tell this deer was mature and legal, so I said to myself, heck he's a shooter let's get er done! He made his way into the feeder, when I got a better look I instantly knew THATS HIM! The buck I've been after! my wife and I gave him a funny name when we first snapped him on camera "Love Me Long Tine!" Ha well I got everything lined up and gave it to him perfectly broadside the arrow went straight through and fell out the other side! I knew it was a good hit, in slow motion this big body buck puts it in high gear I guess and high tails it out! I was pumped but tryed to stay quit. It was then 7 and my feeder gose off after the shot. I slowly get down swipe up my arrow that had good blood and slip in to the house, my son was walking out to the truck for school, I told him I got one! He was excited but had to send him off to School. I called a buddy from down the road to go help take a look. When we finally got back we Immediately noticed zero blood at the site of impact. I was worried about a possible high shot! We walked a little further maybe 10 yards and found two droplets of blood near my back fence line. I got on to the green screen to reach out and let everyone know what was going on, I finally got a call after putting out the work I was looking for a tracker. A guy calls says " hey I'm Clark, buddy gave me your number said you got a deer hit this morning and might need a dog?" I said heck yea, and he told me "I'm turning around now to head home grab my pup and be headed your way asap"! Man was that 1.5 hr wait the longest in the world but he wasent lying, he hammered down came in hot down my drive, I was so pumped this was now 2.5 hrs after the shot. Clark and I greeted each other and hit it off he is a great guy with tons of confidence in his girl! He geared her up grabbed his lever action and we headed back to watch her work! To be hounest at first I was a sceptic about dogs tracking deer with zero visual blood, she took off and lead us straight to the spot where he crossed to the back of the property and that's when I knew she ment business! The whole way we chatted about how amazing she was and tuff as nails, fighting the stickers and huffing and puffing pulling in all the Sent she could from the zero blood trail! Well 40 mins later she comes to a bush where it looked to be a beddding area, I told Clark that deer lives in there we found two more drops of blood, when I say drops I mean pen drops I was amazed because we had went at least 200 yards plus from the last spot of blood. I decided I would stay back and look around the only spot we had found anything while Clark and his pup took off in high gear! Minutes later about 50 yards from me I hear the pup with a exciting bay bark!!! Clark yells to me Abel! Get over here he's still alive! I take off running in that direction I see Clark raise his rifle and take two shots at the buck bayed up! Let's just say he might have bumped his gun a sights were a little off! Hahaha two clean misses and he was out of rounds that's when things got wild he then told me run back home and grab my rifle that I was supposed to bring in the first place but he told me we would be just fine. Hahaha I spirt back to the house 3 to 4 hundred yards home grab my rifle and head back. Off in the distance I hear her and know she still has him bayed! I gave it all I got, and got back when Clark took matter into his own hands while I was walking up grab that buck by the horns and finished him with a blade, hints the big gash on his neck finish the wounded buck. We both were in shock are adrenalin pumping Sat down next to the Buck and shared this moment, I was so excited to say the least I can't put it in words on how thankful I am of Clark and his pup! This is my best buck I've taken and can't be happier! In my eyes Clark and his girl are the best around and was glad to share this special moment with them both! We talked for a bit and shared the moment, the whole time Clark keep me thinking positive and never once was negative, again I'd like to say thanks to everyone for the encouragement, the green screen has been a blessing and I hope to stick around many more years! Like to thank God and everyone stay safe this season and shoot straight. If you ever get in this type of situation back out and give Clark a call he will do his best I'm telling You! 2103150708 ps the shot here is shown in pictures Clark as I do can't agree more that we have never seen anything like this, a complete pass through with a two blade broad head and no blood, he was bleeding internally and that cut was seal up by fat so quick I can't believe!

Comment

Excellent story brotha!

Congrats again on the amazing buck -- best of luck to you for the rest of the season!

-Jake

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                      Excellent story brotha!

Congrats again on the amazing buck -- best of luck to you for the rest of the season!

-Jake
                      Thanks it was a great experience.

Comment

Heck of a story there. I'd imagine you'll remember this one for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie182 View Post
                          Heck of a story there. I'd imagine you'll remember this one for a while.
                          Yes I will most exciting hunt ever thanks for the support!

Comment

Wow! What an awesome story to go with your awesome buck. Congratulations again... very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
                              Wow! What an awesome story to go with your awesome buck. Congratulations again... very cool!
                              Thanks it was a blessing, thanks for taking the time on a long read.

Comment

Congrats! How in the world was that deer not dead 2.5 hours later??? Where was the exit?

Comment

Working...
                                X