Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention the member has shot a buck already this season that was a good buck but was not considered a trophy because we consider a trophy 130 are bigger this buck was 124 and was the biggest buck the member has ever harvested!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The second buck was 140ish but was not on the list ever because we thought he might blow up at 6.5,!!

Comment

And we agreed that he might blow up at 6.5 so let’s let him walk

Comment

Back button..

Comment

If you have a list that this buck was on before the season started that stated DO NOT KILL these particular animals and he has a copy of the list or was notified in writing, then the lease can be cancelled legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Terran28 View Post
              If you have a list that this buck was on before the season started that stated DO NOT KILL these particular animals and he has a copy of the list or was notified in writing, then the lease can be cancelled legally.

I agree and it is on the no kill list plan and simple!!

Comment

If the lease member did know and you have proof that he did know that this particular buck was not to be killed then you have the legal right, in my opinion to remove him for the lease. However, if you did not provide the no kill list or a way for this member to know this buck was off limits then you are SOL. He was abiding by the 5.5 year old rule and you know it. Not trying to be harsh but it sounds like you are ticked that he killed this buck but if he was following the rules and you changed the rules it is not fair to the members.

Rules are in place for a reason and you should not change them from year to year. Be consistent with them and put penalties in place if you violate the rules.

Comment

That is where I was getting confused. So he is on the DO NOT KILL list and it was prior to the season. Does the member have a copy of that DO NOT KILL list? If so, how did he get it? Email, handed to him, a link somewhere? If that buck is on that list, you have to have proof that he got the list, either by paper trail (email, all members got a copy at a meeting, etc.) or its in the Lease Agreement of where to find that information. If you cancel his lease and sues, your lawyer will need to know how exactly he was notified of the list and there has to be proof of how he was notified.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                    If the lease member did know and you have proof that he did know that this particular buck was not to be killed then you have the legal right, in my opinion to remove him for the lease. However, if you did not provide the no kill list or a way for this member to know this buck was off limits then you are SOL. He was abiding by the 5.5 year old rule and you know it. Not trying to be harsh but it sounds like you are ticked that he killed this buck but if he was following the rules and you changed the rules it is not fair to the members.

Rules are in place for a reason and you should not change them from year to year. Be consistent with them and put penalties in place if you violate the rules.

No rules are changed I understand where the member is coming from because we said 5.5 are legal to shoot but we had this buck on the no kill list because we were hoping he would blow up at 6.5 ! The guy already has shot a decent buck this year to boot

Comment

That is where I was getting confused. So he is on the DO NOT KILL list and it was prior to the season. Does the member have a copy of that DO NOT KILL list? If so, how did he get it? Email, handed to him, a link somewhere? If that buck is on that list, you have to have proof that he got the list, either by paper trail (email, all members got a copy at a meeting, etc.) or its in the Lease Agreement of where to find that information. If you cancel his lease and sues, your lawyer will need to know how exactly he was notified of the list and there has to be proof of how he was notified.
                      Through notes that you put on your phone and sent to people

Comment

And I never said anything about kicking anyone off a lease and going to court now did I ???

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          Through notes that you put on your phone and sent to people
                          As long as you have proof that it was sent to him, cancel his lease. Be prepared to hear from his lawyer. Make no exceptions. Other members will start to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                            And I never said anything about kicking anyone off a lease and going to court now did I ???
                            No you did not, however, you did ask what to do. He broke the rules, cancel the lease.

Comment

The way I look at it, the rules state 5.5 are legal but because you "think" the deer will blow up a year later this was placed on the "no kill" list. In my opinion you need to have all the members vote on it and have the vote recorded. If not, he was following the rules. It sounds like that you are more upset that this lease member has taken 2 decent bucks off the property.

I had a similar situation on the lease I am managing. My rule is 8 point or better and no spikes unless we can tell it is it's second set of antlers. A lease member violated those rules, shot a spike, and lost it. I was ******. I let him finish out the year but he was not allowed back on the lease the next season. Thankfully, he didn't shoot anything else.

Comment

As long as you have proof that it was sent to him, cancel his lease. Be prepared to hear from his lawyer. Make no exceptions. Other members will start to do the same.
                                Thats what deer hunting has come to, getting lawyers involved, kick his as s off the deer lease, he did it once he will do it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X