Terry Thompson Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry Thompson Trial

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said Terry Thompson will go back to court after a judge declared a mistrial Saturday.

“It has been determined that Terry Thompson will be tried again for this homicide -- allowing a jury of his peers to resolve this case,” Ogg said in a written statement.

Scot Courtney, Thompson's attorney, said the jury voted 11-1 not guilty on murder, 10-2 not guilty on manslaughter and 8-4 not guilty on criminally negligent homicide. He said all 12 jurors agreed that self-defense law applied but two jurors could not acquit Thompson.

How exactly is going to another trail?

Ridiculous.

Comment

Wow. Some bs

Comment

It's going back to trial, because they didn't get
        the verdict they wanted...….

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          Not exactly.

The jury had one or two that couldn't get with the program of the rest. I mean at least one juror thinkss he's guilty of murder???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Not exactly.

The jury had one or two that couldn't get with the program of the rest. I mean at least one juror thinkss he's guilty of murder???!!!

Watching the news it seems as if everyone else thinks he murdered him too. I honestly dont understand why he was even charged. Involuntary homicide maybe. ( or whatever its called here )

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              Watching the news it seems as if everyone else thinks he murdered him too. I honestly dont understand why he was even charged. Involuntary homicide maybe. ( or whatever its called here )
              That's the media for ya. And most folks believe them and don't know a key factor...

Murder requires INTENT I seriously doubt he planned to kill the guy.

Murder was the wrong charge from the get go. Negligent homicide maybe if you can prove recklessness. The new trial will be moved out of Harris county. Bet on it

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                That's not how it works. If they would have gotten a not guilty verdict, there would be no retrial. The issue is that there was a mistrial, which typically results in a retrial, which appears to be what's happening in this case. The issue is that juries are made up of human beings with emotions that are sometimes not aligned with the rule of law. Jurors are given instruction by the judge in these types of trials, to try to take emotion out of the equation. Obviously, this doesn't always happen.

"Double jeopardy is a procedural defence that prevents an accused person from being tried again on the same (or similar) charges and on the same facts, following a valid acquittal or conviction"

Comment

The insanity of Harris county.

Comment

This is the guy that choked the drunk guy to death with his wife watching him?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      Yes

Comment

Terry Thompson Trial

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

Yes and the same guy that was in the middle of the parking lot with his junk out in front of his wife. Dude was drunk as a skunk and terry went to confront him. Not guilty is my verdict.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

The news only shows a small amount of it.

Comment

Looks like the right guy got the death penalty to me. Libs are wasting their time.

Comment

1. Lesser included offenses.

2. Fifth Amendment (google is your friend).

Comment

Working...
                              X