Ill Will try to pass Pre Violence Gun Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill Will try to pass Pre Violence Gun Ban

Seems that Ill is following in Cali's footsteps with a bill to pre-emptively take guns away, "just in case".

“This legislation is a common sense measure that will protect law enforcement, community residents, and family members of people who may pose a threat to themselves and those around them,” said bill sponsor Rep. Kathleen Willis, D-Addison, in a statement. “We need to make sure we have proper checks and balances in place in the courts to quickly respond when somebody may be in danger to him or herself and other individuals.”

Its scary what our Government is trying to do.

Comment

I read that Superior Court Judge Barbara Bell in CT ruled this week that the lawsuit against the gun manufactures for the Sandy Hook shooting can proceed. Isn't there a law that prevents that? Imagine how quickly guns would disappear if the manufactures could be sued? Are they going to start suing beer makers for every drunk driving accident? It isn't the tool it's the person behind the tool! Ugh!

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
        I read that Superior Court Judge Barbara Bell in CT ruled this week that the lawsuit against the gun manufactures for the Sandy Hook shooting can proceed. Isn't there a law that prevents that? Imagine how quickly guns would disappear if the manufactures could be sued? Are they going to start suing beer makers for every drunk driving accident? It isn't the tool it's the person behind the tool! Ugh!

The premise for the suit is that the AR15 should be considered a military firearm that should not have been sold to a citizen. Slightly different grounds than what the manufacturer protection law describes, therefore the law cannot be used as a basis to dismiss the suit without review. Or something like that

Comment

So here is the bizarre thing, the folks that will support this will likely also be the folks that think the cops are randomly murdering people, so who is going to be left to defend them?

BC

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            The premise for the suit is that the AR15 should be considered a military firearm that should not have been sold to a citizen. Slightly different grounds than what the manufacturer protection law describes, therefore the law cannot be used as a basis to dismiss the suit without review. Or something like that

Nothing in the Constitution defines what a "military weapon" is. As a matter of fact in the purest form of the constitution citizens should have access to any arms that the military has access to.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
              So here is the bizarre thing, the folks that will support this will likely also be the folks that think the cops are randomly murdering people, so who is going to be left to defend them?

BC
              They are also the people most likely to have a stolen or illegal firearm in their possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Nothing in the Constitution defines what a "military weapon" is. As a matter of fact in the purest form of the constitution citizens should have access to any arms that the military has access to.
                rocket launcher?
                bazooka?
                heh I'm kind of torn on the whole thing.
                yes I know we need guns, but what type?
                fully auto AK?
                who knows?
                armor piercing ammo?
                grenades?

start enforcing the laws already on the books

Comment

You can own full auto's & what is considered armor piercing ammo...that is why you hear them used in crimes all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                    rocket launcher?
                    bazooka?
                    heh I'm kind of torn on the whole thing.
                    yes I know we need guns, but what type?
                    fully auto AK?
                    who knows?
                    armor piercing ammo?
                    grenades?

start enforcing the laws already on the books
                    No one needs to tell me what I can own period.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                      No one needs to tell me what I can own period.
                      X2

Comment

I tried to get a full functioning Abrams tank for my backyard but got turned down cold! Please go to my GOFUNDME account and help me out with legal fees..........the man is holding me down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          I tried to get a full functioning Abrams tank for my backyard but got turned down cold! Please go to my GOFUNDME account and help me out with legal fees..........the man is holding me down!!!
                          Youre not looking in the right spots

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                            Well heck.....time for donations to support my new toy.....luv it!!! Is live ordinance included? ?[emoji845]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X