Farmers near Luling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers near Luling?

Anyone have a contact of any farmers in this area? My brother and I want to look at putting in a small food plot for doves. We have access to a tractor, but no shredder, disc, or drill, so looking for a someone in the area with all the gear.

The field is about 6 acres total.

Thanks
    Last edited by robie; 04-14-2016, 09:41 AM.

Originally posted by robie View Post
    Anyone have a contact of any farmers in this area? My brother and I want to look at putting in a small food plot of doves.
    You can plant doves?

Comment

Yup, sunflowers and milo are about as good as it gets.

Comment

You could try looking on Craigslist for people that do hay bailing. Lot of them would have access to the equipment you need.

Comment

Originally posted by ateagleton View Post
          You could try looking on Craigslist for people that do hay bailing. Lot of them would have access to the equipment you need.
          I will check it out to see if I can find someone.

Any clue what something like this should cost?

Comment

If this will be a yearly thing, why not buy you an old disk. Disk the seed in or rent a drill.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
              If this will be a yearly thing, why not buy you an old disk. Disk the seed in or rent a drill.
              We have an old smaller disk but would need to rent a shredder to knock down whats currently in the field.

I could be optimistic but was hoping that eventually some of the sunflowers would begin to reseed themselves and we would just have to come back and add some millet and a few others from time to time.

Comment

We planted four acres of sunflower and milo once and the deer absolutely mowed it down before it could ever come to a head. Just another potential circumstance to think of.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                  We planted four acres of sunflower and milo once and the deer absolutely mowed it down before it could ever come to a head. Just another potential circumstance to think of.
                  I was worried about that. Between the deer and the hogs I'm not sure if it will make it.

Comment

Contact the foundation farm, they should know of a few people. Also check with the local feedstore, my step uncle used to own it up until a couple years ago. If you need more info I can send you his number.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                      Contact the foundation farm, they should know of a few people. Also check with the local feedstore, my step uncle used to own it up until a couple years ago. If you need more info I can send you his number.
                      I appreciate. I will check with both of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X