X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique for sure!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have only seen one melanistic live deer in 55 years all over the state.
      A doe in Hays County. Buda area.

BP

Comment

Cool deer congratulations

Comment

Very nice...You do not see many of them.
          Almost a cross between a Sika's color and a Whitetail's antlers. Cool.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter1 View Post
              All my pics dont look anything like it. Maybe a taxi will fill us in

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              He over did it with the modge podge on the nose. It's an easy fix if you decide to.

Comment

Originally posted by JSAPP View Post
                He over did it with the modge podge on the nose. It's an easy fix if you decide to.
                Looks like he used epoxy putty and a tool called a Dan-D-Noser. You smear the nose pad with the putty and role the Dan-D-Noser over it to duplicate the nose texture of the deer.
                I bought one about 15 years ago and used it twice, at the same time.... my first and last time to use it.

Very cool deer!!!

Comment

Neat!

Comment

Helluva trophy right there. I'd take one like than one much bigger that's for sure. Cool deer and not nearly as many of them as there are big whitetail racks.

Congrats

Comment

That's a beaut.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Real cool trophy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JSAPP View Post
                          Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                          Looks like he used epoxy putty and a tool called a Dan-D-Noser. You smear the nose pad with the putty and role the Dan-D-Noser over it to duplicate the nose texture of the deer.
                          I bought one about 15 years ago and used it twice, at the same time.... my first and last time to use it.

Very cool deer!!!
                          I don't think it was a Dan-D-Noser ... even done poorly, the nodules aren't that defined and spread out. I agree with Justin, on this one. He used Modge Podge, and tried to do it all in one pass, instead of 3, and then didn't put a coat over the whole nose to blend it in.

Either way it can be fixed. If the guy has done other mounts for you, that look better, I'd take him one you like and that one and ask him if he can make the nose look like the one you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            I don't think it was a Dan-D-Noser ... even done poorly, the nodules aren't that defined and spread out. I agree with Justin, on this one. He used Modge Podge, and tried to do it all in one pass, instead of 3, and then didn't put a coat over the whole nose to blend it in.

Either way it can be fixed. If the guy has done other mounts for you, that look better, I'd take him one you like and that one and ask him if he can make the nose look like the one you like.
                            Yea he's done amazing jobs on the others. That's the only thing that looks off on this one. I will probably take it back to him when I get a chance. Thank you for your input

Comment

Thank you all on the comments

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X