Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 07-13-2019, 11:51 PM   #1
Eagle19
Ten Point

Hunt In: Every where in Texas
Default Anybody good at drawing in CAD

I own a marketing agency and we specialize in outdoor industry brands. Unfortunately, the outdoor industry as a whole is about 10 years behind current digital marketing curve. Fortunately, this also means I can create my own brands as well and become a big industry player.

I'm looking at starting a fishing rod, reel, and baits brand. The plan was to actually start with rods last month but turns out Orvis had actually pulled a trademark on a word we were planing to use so we are in the process or rebranding. I just got back from ICAST and I'm looking at changing my business model a little bit after meeting manufacturers.

I would like to find either a student or somebody who could work with me part time to help draw up baits and reels. But I think it would be really helpful if it was somebody who loved to fish! I'm even open to negotiating a partnership for part of the company. I've got people who are willing to invest to get the ball rolling, looking to keep as much in the USA that's feasible on the business end.

Feel free to message me for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagle19 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2019, 05:18 AM   #2
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

No help here on the drawing. Best of luck to you on the business venture.
Pedernal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2019, 05:25 AM   #3
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

I draw in CAD for a living. I would be willing to help if I have enough time to do so. How many hrs per week are you thinking you need out of said drafter? I would imagine you want it drawn in 3d, or just 2d?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2019, 05:28 AM   #4
friscopaint
Ten Point

Seeing you are in College Station check with T A&M. I know the AG lab my cousin ran at Okla. State they continually helped with projects related to AG, which was very broad. I know they designed and built numerous coffee roasters for a guy I know since it was an "AG" business in Oklahoma. I would imagine the CAD areas of A&M, or other universities, have similar programs in other aspects than agriculture. University liked it also because it afforded real life learning in agricultural mechanics, not just theory and I would think the CAD courses need projects as well.
friscopaint is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2019, 08:01 AM   #5
1st in-last out
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sweeny (my house), BSR, Mexico

My daughter is at A&M and that's what she does. She's already worked with Disney and Pixar, drawing, doing 3D modeling, and animating. She might be able to help out.

My cell: 979-235-0681

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1st in-last out is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-14-2019, 09:48 AM   #6
Eagle19
Ten Point

Hunt In: Every where in Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscopaint View Post
Seeing you are in College Station check with T A&M. I know the AG lab my cousin ran at Okla. State they continually helped with projects related to AG, which was very broad. I know they designed and built numerous coffee roasters for a guy I know since it was an "AG" business in Oklahoma. I would imagine the CAD areas of A&M, or other universities, have similar programs in other aspects than agriculture. University liked it also because it afforded real life learning in agricultural mechanics, not just theory and I would think the CAD courses need projects as well.

Yeah I posted in TexAgs as well in hopes that a student might see it but Iíll definitely have to reach out to the engineering department and see if I can get any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eagle19 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top