New shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New shafts

The last time I bought arrows for my compound set ups I bought several dozen off of camofire on a close out. Easton Epics.
    I have been shooting Black Eagle Vintage arrows out of my traditional bows and have been pleased with them. Thinking I may go with the same brand for my compound. Going to have to get some and get set up for a bear hunt in May as a shoulder injury is interfering with my ability to shoot my trad bows.
    I was hoping someone could point me to a good Black Eagle model for it. Currently I'm shooting 400 spine and don't really want outserts.

Carnivores or Spartans are both good arrows. The carnivores are light, I’d put some brass insets in to get the weight up

Comment

A tad heavier is good for me. My short DL leaves me never on the high end of speed.

Comment

I would not suggest the carvivores, I went through a dozen in very short time. And I didn’t abuse them in any way. Just shooting 3-d , block targets , and javelina. Lasted less then a summer. They are not very durable at all. I have gold tip shafts that are probably 15-20 years old and still shooting them at the same targets mentioned above and much more. Not sure how they compare to other shafts, but if that is considered average or good for an arrow. GTs are in the extremely great catagory. I did shoot Easton full metal jackets and they were far better then the carnivores but still a long ways from as durable as GT.

Comment

Working...
        X