60# VS 70# Halon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60# VS 70# Halon

I have a Halon 32-6 with 60# limbs. I want to get it up to 70#. Is there going to be a significant enough speed or kinetic energy difference to justify the swap? I guess with the extra draw weight, I would want a little heavier arrow, which will probably drop the speed back to where it was with a lighter arrow at 60lbs but still increase the kinetic energy?

If so, where can I buy 70# limbs for it?

Thank you for the help!
    Last edited by bcj jones; 03-01-2019, 08:38 AM.

You can get new limbs from any authorized dealer or go the used route. You can shop around on this site but would probably have better luck over on AT. Depending on how the spine sets up on the 60's you may need to drop down a spine and build a new set of arrows to get things back in order at the 70# mark. This will add weight so its not a bad thing, just something to consider. If you were able to shoot the same set up at 70 you shoot at 60 you would certainly notice some increase in speed and the pin gap or tape will tighten up. 10 pounds of draw weight is a pretty good bump so if new arrows are built then it might end up being a wash in terms of velocity.

Comment

With same arrow you will gain 20 FPS.

Comment

Working...
      X