Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Whats the difference in the two?

The FBI paid Best Buy Geek Squad employees as informants, rewarding them for flagging indecent material when people brought their computers in for repair.

That's according to documents released to the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a digital civil liberties organization, which filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit seeking records that might show warrantless searches of people's devices.

EFF filed its complaint last year after revelations about the FBI's interactions with Geek Squad technicians emerged in the case of Mark Rettenmaier, an Orange County, Calif., physician and surgeon who took his computer in for repair when it wouldn't boot up. Rettenmaier faced child ****ography charges after a Geek Squad employee flagged his computer to the FBI.
    None really..

But liberals will say one is **** (obvious child ****) and the other is a guy that sees a person that can't speak English and assumes he is illegal. Some BS like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
      The only thing here is the non-consent of sharing info. I'm glad it helped deport them,but not sure how I like companies just sharing info (even though most people do on a daily basis anyways). Say for instance they were sharing info on everyone who ever stayed that is linked to NRA memberships or gun purchases? Granted in this case they're folks that already broke the law, but yeah.

Just so clear,im glad they got them and don't think motel 6 should be paying a dime in settlement but it's pretty much chump change for them really.

I’m torn on this as well. Our information is whored out every single day by the likes of Google and other places. So how is this any different?

On the other hand I want the sharing of personal information to be consented by me (or anyone) to prior to sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
      X