Thank you Kavanaugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    Simple solution: allow any religious advisor of convict's choosing into the chamber OR
    allow no one but the prison officials in.
    This is how it is done. Only prison officials.

Just happens that only Christian and Muslim officials are on the payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      This is how it is done. Only prison officials.

Just happens that only Christian and Muslim officials are on the payroll.
      By prison officials, I'm intending only those directly involved with the security and procedures to accomplish the execution. In other words, no religious advisors in the chamber itself.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
        By prison officials, I'm intending only those directly involved with the security and procedures to accomplish the execution. In other words, no religious advisors in the chamber itself.
        Got ya...lets change it for the one guy that is manipulating the system. Let them rest offem burn...

To be honest i used to feel the same way until I saw the ministry that chaplains participate in. Many of these offenders hold the unit chaplains above anyone of their denominational clergy regardless of their profession if faith.

It isan interesting dynamic for sure.

Comment

Gave either/or solution -- same as Kavanaugh. Really don't care if they want their witch doctor there. Also, no reason comfort can't be provided from the other side of the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Maybe but it is easier and smarter to adjust it's policy than to change the constitution.
            The ruling was correct.

Gary
            Yes, it seems simple and that straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              I hope Kavanaugh keeps voting in accordance with the Constitution. I have no problem with his ruling. I'm very upset that it was fought all the way to the Supreme Court instead of just paying a priest a few bucks and letting him be present. How many tax dollars were wasted fighting this?
              Agreed....
              Who gives a ****....
              Get what ever witch doctor he wants in there...

Stick him & be done with the POS

Comment

And just like that, Texas bans all spiritual advisers from executions.

Interestingly, I did some reading about the accused. He was sitting in the car when his compatriots committed the murder. We execute people for that.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post

Interestingly, I did some reading about the accused. He was sitting in the car when his compatriots committed the murder. We execute people for that.
                  The law is written that if you are party to a felony and there is a murder, all are guilty, I believe.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                    The law is written that if you are party to a felony and there is a murder, all are guilty, I believe.

.....and God Bless America.
                    Kinda. That’s the felony murder rule. He was convicted under a different rule. It’s called the Law of Parties if you want to read about it. TPC Ch. 7 I think.

Comment

It wasn't like he was forced to drive with a gun to his head. He played his part in the robbery and ran over officer Hawkins body on the way out. He has lived years longer than he deserves.

Gary

Comment

Bad part is, this change is due to a justice opinion...not a ruling

A few months bad they denied a man in Alabama or Mississippi (i forget which) the right to a Muslim clergyman.

What i read was that Kavs opinion was based on the time frame of request and nothing else

There was no constitutional violation. Nothing like Murphy denying some of life, liberty and the pursuit of happy. .

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          He played his part in the robbery and ran over officer Hawkins body on the way out.
                          Where are you reading that he ran over officer Hawkins's body?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                            $30 bucks at WalMart, hang it right above his gurney. Problem solved!
                            I still my $30 fix would have worked, most likely its going back to the courts for more delays..

Texas prisons will no longer allow clergy in the death chamber after the U.S. Supreme Court blocked the scheduled execution of a man who argued his religious freedom would be violated if his Buddhist spiritual adviser couldn't accompany him.

Comment

Where are you reading that he ran over officer Hawkins's body?
                              Not him exactly but SOMEBODY ran over his dead body

Irving police Officer Aubrey Hawkins’ car was still in gear and his foot was on the brake when he was killed, a police investigator testified Tuesday at the murder trial of an inmate accused …

Comment

Working...
                              X