Kimble County 2017 - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimble County 2017 - 2018

This will be my third year out there. Both myself and my brother hunt about 10 miles north of Junction off of 83. We had a lot of rainfall the last couple years. Everyone on our lease feeds corn year round and some protein. My brother and I will feed alfalfa till the end of sept. The deer love it there. Such a nice area, a lot of deer and hopefully this year I will get a chance one of the many deer that we have let walk the last two seasons.
    I have a few regulars that if they made it will be in the high 130s or low 140s

I'm 10 miles south of I-10 off 83. Our place has recovered some from the 2011 drought but not entirely. With all the ains these last two years there has been great fawn recruitment but we still dont see very many 4.5+ year olds. Eventually that should change. Personally i don't see the point in feeding corn once everything greens up unless we have another drought. Of course we do starting around labor day. In my experience, the deer walk past alfalfa too when they have good natural forbs to choose from.

Comment

Hope to get back on the place that we've been on for 20 years. Took a 2 year break and ready to go back. About 10 miles west of Junction! (Whose 10 miles east?)

Comment

I'm off 479 and feed year round. Our big bucks stop hitting feeders for the most part in October. That said this last year we started seeing some really nice bucks which is first since before drought.

Comment

We also have some exotics that travel thru. Brother got himself a fallow buck last month. Have seen axis and blackbucks on camera.

Will be going out there end of next month to install turkey feeders. There is a lot of turkey out there.

Comment

Anyone going to be turkey hunting this spring?

Comment

We hunt off 1674 about 15miles from ft Mckavett. This is our third year on the place. Don't see many older deer 4.5+. We are starting to see better bucks though. We have tons of hogs think we killed 61 I killed 11 myself. We have axis a few fallow and this year got lots of pics of different sika doe and bucks. We feed year round. We will be out there turkey hunting at some point ...

Comment

Thought I'd bump this one up. Anyone having any luck in Kimble Co or are you drowning in acorns like we are?

Comment

I’m down the road between Juction and Sony lots of acorns. The deer have been hitting feeders but not like before and moving really late in the day.

Comment

We hunted 10 miles north of Junction for several years and I miss that country. What I don't miss is the 4-hour drive Friday night and the flip-flop back Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Our ranch is 14 miles south of Ft Mckavett. 1674 and kc210. No hogs but lots of deer. This year we just started seeing a few axis does showing up. Hope they bring some big boy axis around.

Comment

We are a couple miles from Segovia. Covered up in acorns and deer have vanished. Acorns will play out right about the time the gun guys hit the woods.

Comment

Kimble County near Roosevelt, TONS of acorns, TONS of rain. Quite a few 2-3 year old bucks on camera up until September but been a ghost town on camera since. Axis moving through, big bucks moving late evening. Corn piling up under feeders but doe seem to be plentiful. Hopefully all the rain will rot these acorns and the weather will start cooperating so these doe will start hitting feeders heavy again. Also note, seen a few small bucks working scrapes and tailing a doe every now and then but they're just rookies. Come on RUT/COLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jake View Post
                            Kimble County near Roosevelt, TONS of acorns, TONS of rain. Quite a few 2-3 year old bucks on camera up until September but been a ghost town on camera since. Axis moving through, big bucks moving late evening. Corn piling up under feeders but doe seem to be plentiful. Hopefully all the rain will rot these acorns and the weather will start cooperating so these doe will start hitting feeders heavy again. Also note, seen a few small bucks working scrapes and tailing a doe every now and then but they're just rookies. Come on RUT/COLD!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Yup pretty much the same here. Haven't had my target buck on camera since 2 days before the opener. Acorns everywhere right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Have some nice ones with lots of potential and one that I would like to see in person just due to him being the widest and most mature I've seen out there. Hunt just north of junction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X