I’m an Ironman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
    Again, awesome accomplishment! What were your time splits for each of the three legs??
    Not near as good as I would have liked. The water was cold at 60 degrees. I swam an extra 500 yards because of poor sighting. It's hard to sight when you can't see anything because when you look up to sight the sun is directly into your eyes. So the swim took me an extra 20 minutes.

I spent 10 minutes in the porta-john's on the bike ride because of GI distress.

And the run pretty much turned into a walk because I developed a giant blister on my left heel and right foot toes that pretty much shut me down. The attached pic is the blister on the left heel two days later. It was much worse two days ago and I won't ever bother to show you the blisters on the toes on the right foot.

I would have much rather run a 5 hour marathon than walk a 6.5 hour marathon. But I finished and really did have a great time and met a lot of great people because I was walking the marathon. I did run some but the last 6 miles I just walked.

But I am an IRONMAN! YAY!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats. That's a heck of an accomplishment.

Comment

Congratulations! That's awesome.. My buddy and his team Moxie Multisport was out there with a big crew having fun and cheering you guys on! Amazing accomplishment.. great work!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Mark! Way to finish it out.

Did you use a wet suit for the swim? I've done races where the water was that chilly.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Congrats Mark! Way to finish it out.

Did you use a wet suit for the swim? I've done races where the water was that chilly.
            Yes sir I used a wetsuit and a neoprene swim cap. Before I entered the water I poured a gallon of water down my wetsuit so my body heat could warm it up. After about 200 yards the cold water wasn’t that noticeable. But with that being said some athletes had to be carried out of the water because they couldn’t stand up. I guess I had more blubber than them!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
              Congratulations! That's awesome.. My buddy and his team Moxie Multisport was out there with a big crew having fun and cheering you guys on! Amazing accomplishment.. great work!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Moxie Multisport was indeed everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                That's awesome. My coworker ran that one and finished 73 out of 283 in the 50-54 group. You guys are the best motivation for me! Congrats
                Great race time for him!

Comment

I think I would need someone chasing me while threatening to kick my *** like basic training or something for me to do that. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That’s great. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Huge Congrats!.....Ive always considered doing this but I cant wrap my mind around swimming for 2 hours and not drowning.

Comment

Congrats sir. That is outstanding.

Comment

That's awesome Mark, congratulations!!!! I know you've put in alot of time training especially on the bike....way to go!!!

Comment

That's rugged for an old Geezer.

Comment

Working...
                                X